help plz

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_taylor

Reaction score
hey guys
i just found of that my local re retailer now has 13mm motors(ive only seen his A10's) and ive been looking around but there isnt much on 13mm rockets basicly i wanna build a basic one first then do some clusters and a bit of micro-maxx aswell. any help will be great

thanx

matt

Matt:
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are looking for but 13mm motors are made for many Eastes and Quests models, It is a standard engine, 1/4A , 1/2A A3 and A10 motors, BT-5 or T-5 tubeing is .544" OD .518" ID with a .013 wall. Estes and hobby shops sell the BT-5 brown craft paper tubes in 18" lengths, Totally Tublar and his suppliers sell the White craft tubes in 34" lengths. Some of us out here have brown craft tubes in 36" lengths. Nose cones and transitions in Balsa and plastic are fairly common from any number of main and cottage kit suppliers, Jim-z has tons of plans, simply look for any reference to BT-5. Totally Tublar has fibre borad centering rings for t-2 6mm, t-2+ micro-maxx, t-3 .375" and t-4 10.5mm to BT-5 tubes. I normally don't use anything larger than 10.5mm for micro-max models thou I have used as large as Bt-20
Let us know what you want to do, maybe we can be of more help

FlisKits has the OverDrive, Triple Threat (3 13mm flying saucers) and will be announcing the Grissom.

All 13mm kits. The OverDrive is the most basic, but is still a cool looking rocket.

hi Jim
i have looked at your kit hard and long aand i want them! im going to wait till you are selling that 3 stager and then i will get a few kits of you (all your clusters and staged models) but can you find of for me how much it would be to ship them to New Zealand

to everyone else im thinking of get a whole pile of parts from ASP rocketry can you guys help me, like nose cones, body tubes, etc as im not much of a LPR guy and i dont know much about all those codes and stuff.

thanx
matt

Matt,

I've made a couple orders from ASP in the last month and they were extremely helpful and answered all my questions as far as the body tubes and other parts.

They were also extremely quick in getting the items I ordered out the door. Great customer service.

Jason

An update... just finished painting and decorating my Overdrive for Whitakers.

Here's a look (she's a min diameter 13mm Skill Level 1 kit)

At this time, you have to cut out your own fins (8 in all, glued in pairs). We are considering using laser cut fins for this.

jim

Originally posted by jflis
FlisKits has the OverDrive, Triple Threat (3 13mm flying saucers) and will be announcing the Grissom.

AHEM...

The triple threat is a whole lot meaner on 18mm motors!

Persephone Unleashed!!!

Jim, I'ma gonna do Her in 38mm...

YOU DID IT...YOU JUST HADTA DO IT... I WARNED YA....NOW YA GOTTA PAY...

SAUCERS FOREVER!!!!!!!

Originally posted by iceage
AHEM...

The triple threat is a whole lot meaner on 18mm motors!

Persephone Unleashed!!!

Jim, I'ma gonna do Her in 38mm...

YOU DID IT...YOU JUST HADTA DO IT... I WARNED YA....NOW YA GOTTA PAY...

SAUCERS FOREVER!!!!!!!

You ought to try a 24mm - 18mm or 18mm - 13mm multistage with saucers *S* they work great and are great crowd pleasers!

I also plan on building a Pheord X-250 and Pheord X-350 :D :D

You ought to try a 24mm - 18mm or 18mm - 13mm multistage with saucers *S* they work great and are great crowd pleasers!

I should have taken pictures of the X-150 on top of an estes snitch :D That would be a C6-0 in the snitch to E9 in the X-150 ;) :cool: ;) (gotta have bodyguards...)

Very, very cool :cool: The X-150 landed in a puddle, but its gear kept the body above the water. Not that it woulda mattered anyhoo, that thar rednek glassin iz TOUGH!!! :kill: ain't no wimpy Saucers in my fleet...

Patrick

If you need a motivated Beta Tester...

Originally posted by iceage
I should have taken pictures of the X-150 on top of an estes snitch :D That would be a C6-0 in the snitch to E9 in the X-150 ;) :cool: ;) (gotta have bodyguards...)

Very, very cool :cool: The X-150 landed in a puddle, but its gear kept the body above the water. Not that it woulda mattered anyhoo, that thar rednek glassin iz TOUGH!!! :kill: ain't no wimpy Saucers in my fleet...

I done misspelt a word. Its shoulda ben "TUFF"

Iz sorrie.

Back