Help please. Silly Refrigerator "Air Deflector" repair question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're really OCD like me you probably have one of these hanging somewhere in the kitchen.
0720211007[1].jpg

Yes, a brush just for cleaning refrigerator coils.
But I think it would be great for cleaning motor casings as well.
Haven't tried that yet though.
Heh.

Also a refrigerator question. The refrigerator section is too cold, things sometimes freeze. It has a nice dial and LED display that goes from 1 to 10. Is a higher number warmer, or colder? If there's text on the dial, it's too small for me to read.

Also a refrigerator question. The refrigerator section is too cold, things sometimes freeze. It has a nice dial and LED display that goes from 1 to 10. Is a higher number warmer, or colder? If there's text on the dial, it's too small for me to read.
I'm guessing the higher the number the colder the setting but,
Brand and model # of your fridge?
And a pic of the control dial would be good.
My fridge has two temp. controls, one for the fridge and one for the crisper section.
Both regulate air from the freezer.

Usually, a typical side-by-side fridge has 3 controls. The main one controls the compressor, and controls the setpoint for the freezer. So, it is a thermostat tying together freezer temp and compressor cycling. A second control for the fridge basically adjusts how much cold freezer air gets blown into the fridge section based on a thermostat in the fridge, but has no impact on the compressor cycling other than in how increasing airflow between fridge and freezer puts a variable tension on the freezer temp. Then most (like mine and Kuririn's) have a small slider controlling a port that opens into one of the crispers; this is a passive system with no thermostat.

This proper setting of fridge/freezer is a multi step process of making sure the ice cream is the right softness first, then adjusting fridge temp to suit, and finally making sure the fruit doesn't freeze!

Sorry, not familiar with that particular fridge but generally higher settings means colder.

Refrigerators, like every other appliance in the house, have a chance of breaking down. My refrigerator has served me well for more than seven years, and I am still happy with it.

I worked in the HVAC and refrigeration business for 25 years. There's lots to go wrong, but modern day refrigerators are very reliable. The new ones with all of the computers and large circuit boards in the front of the doors (with a big display screen) are proving to be really big stinkers, as when you have to replace one and it's out of warranty, the circuit boards are about $400

Back