help needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I have a 42 page pdf file that has text and photos

The problem is it is written in German and I cant read German.

I have tried google translate and it gives me an error the file was to big

Can anyone recommend software that can translate German into English ?

The file is directions on how to construct a small ram-air parachute canopy that can use radio control to steer the canopy

Thanks !

Bobby

Extract just the text from the file and translate that. Acrobat can export to a Word file that you can then save as just text.

Tony

Is this a Technical/Engineering file? Years ago we had some equipment that came from Germany and the instructions were in German. We had a Lab Technician that was a native of Germany, married a GI, and she could not translate it. She said it was because she had not learned the words in "normal" school. They would have been taught to students studying to be engineers. My point is it may take a special translator to read the instructions. Good Luck.

I can't offer to translate 42 pages, but if you end up with problematic passages that don't make sense after the automatic translation, let me know and I'll gladly help you with the details.

Reinhard

Reinhard

I could not attach the photo with PM so I will attach it here.
The text was with a jpec so the translator missed it

Bobby

I can't offer to translate 42 pages, but if you end up with problematic passages that don't make sense after the automatic translation, let me know and I'll gladly help you with the details.

Reinhard

german.jpg

Below "E":
Line connection
(Tip from Roland Schuler)

Thread line with needle into inner part of the other line. Secure with a drop of CA. Cut off one end.

Below "F":
Steuerleine = control line

In Box:
Leinenlängen = line lengths
bis zur Schulter = (up) to the shoulder
Steuerleinen = control lines

Reinhard

Last edited:
Back