Help naming gslv

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramparocket

Reaction score
Just finished basic paint and I need help with decoration and naming the vehicle it's mission is launching geosynchronous satellites.IMG_20200707_194519_01.jpg

Frivolous and sci fi. It's not very realistic - scale so whimsical would even be In the park. Thanx off to a good start here

Hmm, I'm always partial to solid plain colors with a sharp accent, this missile came up in a quick google search.
name generators are a good place to start too, this one gives fake constellation names. I ran it and it gave me Glaucomys, which is apparently a family group of squirrels and not the roman god of bad eyesight....
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

It reminds me of a Bomarc. You could go with a variation of that for a name or probably a paint scheme. Lots of Bomarc paint schemes.

Here are a few silly names:
For Monty Python fans:
The Lupin Express (I've used this one)
Crunchy Frog
The Spanish Inquisition
The Larch

Just silly:
Tequila Mockingbird (I've used this one)
The Entropy Collector
Donkey Hotey
Brownian Motion (I've used this one)

Yes it's cluster. Core vehicle has a 24mm E MMT the boosters have 18mm MMT and separate at burnout. For example E12-6 and 2x C6-0
The core recovers on chute and boosters on streamer

Mojave

Mohave or Mojave (Pronounced "Moh-ha-vee")(Mojave: 'Aha Makhav) are a Native American people indigenous to the Colorado River in the Mojave Desert. ... The Colorado River Indian Reservation includes parts of California and Arizona and is shared by members of the Chemehuevi, Hopi, and Navajo peoples

Back