Help me name this rocket please!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdooley

Reaction score
I have a couple scratchbuilt rockets I constructed after seeing Jason Toft's 8" Quicktube thread.

A friend was over at the house yesterday and promptly named this one the "creamsicle", I suppose after the frozen orange creamsicle desserts.

I was hoping for a better name than this.
Anybody have any ideas?

Nice Rocket!

Let's see....it's kinda short and wide...very tough looking...orange and white like good ole' Oklahoma State colors....

How about..

Rawhide

Not what....but who...

Pistol Pete is the OSU mascot. Named after one of the last true, wild west, U.S. Marshalls...Frank Eaton.

https://www.library.okstate.edu/scua/pistol.htm

The Oklahoma State University Cowboys.

Ride'em Pokes!

My two favorite teams are the Oklahoma State Cowboys, and whoever is playing OU. (The Sooners are named after all the cheaters that left too early during the land runs...BTW)

:D :D :D

John

Did this rocket fly on Saturday? Doesn't it have a 4x24mm MMT? Hmm...names...let's see...how about, "Mandarin Asassin" or "Tangerine Machine"...err, uh..."Almost Red"? Hmm...that's a tough one to name.

No No No No No

Proper naming would be either Longhorn

or

Figure this out John, Space Miner (My Alma Mater) - Think worst college ball team ever...

Oh, I like 50/50!

My friend had a tabby cat with that name; it was half black, half orange.

Originally posted by eugenefl
Did this rocket fly on Saturday? Doesn't it have a 4x24mm MMT?

The orange one has a single 24mm. It flew on an E9-6 Saturday.

The green one has the 4x24 and an extra 34 inch BT stacked on top.

The green monster, hey, just found a name for that one!!, flew on 4 D12's.

Pretty awesome flight for a BP launch.
The motor mount is taking a pounding, guess I shoulda CA'd the MM tubes.

My mum woulod call it 'clementine' since it is sweet, orange little thing!!

what about 'fire extinguisher' or 'the extinguisher' since it is 'safety orange'?

Call it 'Cheddar' as it is 'sharp', but not too cheezy!!
Haha, 'Cheeze Wizzzzzz'!!

Originally posted by Dr Wogz
Call it 'Cheddar' as it is 'sharp', but not too cheezy!!
Haha, 'Cheeze Wizzzzzz'!!

Or, "Velveeta". Almost the right color. :D

No, no 'crashing'. It'll just try and avoid the issue (the ground) and blame the launcher that it was mislead, that it had no intent to crash!!

I checked out Thesaurus.com and searched for "fire." One word that stuck out and would be a cool logo was "Pyre." See attached. This would look good on one of those white fins. :)

The philosophy behind this name is simple - the rocket is orange which we can all associate with "fire." The effect of the rocket is one we all know. Hmm, how come no vendor ever made a rocket called "PYRE" - I like it!

Wow...it almost looks as if I went to your place and put this decal on your rocket! :cool:

Ok, it's late...I'm extremely bored...time for bed.

Paint the fins and nose brown, and call it Falcon - after the Bowling Green State University mascot...BG's colors are orange and brown...Go Falcons!

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Eugene...... I love it!!!!! What program did you use?

Please consider entering in the "logo contest", as you do graphics work

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=107049

I use an older version of Photoshop (5.0). Little by little I am becoming increasingly familiar with the interface. I absolutely can't STAND bezier curves and paths!!! I guess once I get a handle on them I'll be OK.

Believe me, I've been racking my brain to try and come up with something original for your soon-to-be company. I will most definitely look into entering something into the logo contest.

Love the decal Eugene.
If you can you print one, I will use on the roc.

If not, Fred could probably make some next time I order from him.

Originally posted by pdooley
Love the decal Eugene.
If you can you print one, I will use on the roc.

If not, Fred could probably make some next time I order from him.

I've got some BelDecal waterslide paper. I'll make you one for next month or I can send it in the mail. I tend to have plenty of extra white space anytime I make repro decals. I'll just need the fin dimensions so that the decals can be made to fit. Glad you like it.

BTW, you're under no obligation to use this logo/name. I just thought it would be cool to do some Photoshop work.

Originally posted by eugenefl
you're under no obligation to use this logo/name. I just thought it would be cool to do some Photoshop work.
Haha, no worries, if I don't like it can always sand it off.
Besides, this rocket kinda helps bind our fledging club: Jason's design, my downscale, your logo:)

Here is fin dim:

Back