Help, Looking for tube with .625 OD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyl

Reaction score
Hi all,
Glad to see everyone coming back home to TRF.
I need some help. I am looking for a tube with an OD of .625 inches (5/8").
A BT-5 has an OD of .544". I thought somebody made a tube which you could slide a BT-5 right into it? I want to use the 2 tubes together for strenth.
If I can't find a tube I guess I could wrap it with card stock but I'd prefer to just get the correct size tube.
Thanks,
CornyL

You're sorta asking for two different things?

If you want a 0.625 outside diam, I don't know of anyone who sells one that size. Your best bet might be to roll your own.

If you want a tube that slips over the outside of BT5, check out the BT5+ at Totally Tubular. (Other vendors might also sell this size.) The numbers:

Tube.....OD.....ID
BT5....0.544...0.518
BT5+...0.585...0.559

Is that what you were looking for?

(And to the admins/experts: how in the heck do you make columns line up?)

Last edited:
Thanks powderburner!
Yes I am trying to get the OD to .625. I thought slipping a tube over a bt-5 would get me close. And from the spec of the bt-5 + .585 my get me close enough to .625 with a little epoxy fill in between tubes to compensate for the bt-5 OD and the bt-5+ ID
Yes that's what I was looking for.
Thank you!!
Totally tubular may be the only vendor that carries this tube as I looked at all the other vendor sights and could not find anything.
Thanks Again!

Well, then don't forget that you can start with one layer that 'slips' over the BT5 (like the BT5+ at Totally Tubular) and then you can build up to the 0.625 (or somewhere close) by adding another outer BT layer. Cut a strip out of the side of a larger BT, roll it down to the smaller diameter of your BT5+, and glue it onto the outside (you really would only need to glue along the cut edges of the strip). It will be heavy, you may need to add a gob of layers, but you can get your 0.625 if that's what you have to have.

Thanks Rocketjunkie,
I think .620 will work just fine. I don't really know what a casting tube is but it looks and sounds like a regular wound tube. thanks again!

Also I tried to find Totally tubular but it did not look like they were still in business. Does anybody know if they are in business?

Thanks Rocketjunkie,
I think .620 will work just fine. I don't really know what a casting tube is but it looks and sounds like a regular wound tube. thanks again!
If you have seen an Aerotech reload kit, the tube is the paper on the outside of the propellant slugs. It looks like white Estes body tube.

Back