Help Launch Santa Fe High School's Rocket Club!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerandrockets

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Having just completed my L2 Cert, I'm turning all my attention to my other project: Raising funds to start a rocketry club and Team America Rocketry Challenge teams at my high school. This is an amazing community that I have gotten so much support from, and I thought that some of you might want to contribute.

Please visit my project on KickStarter to learn more (and donate!)https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/220377204/launch-santa-fe-high-schools-rocket-club

Between the Science Club and the Navy JROTC program, we have four teams of students signed up and ready to go for TARC this year. If we raise enough money, we can not only field our TARC teams, but we can also upgrade our gear enough to start holding community launches and get students from other schools involved. We could also hold launches with other local groups like the Cub Scouts and Boys and Girls club. In addition, I want to bring rocketry into my math classroom to help my students connect what we are learning in Algebra II to an actual hands-on project.

I know everyone is saving for the big Black Friday sales, but if anyone has a few bucks to spare, please think about giving the gift of rocketry to the next generation!

Update: We had our last TARC organizational meeting on Friday to finalize our team rosters, and we're sending in the application packet next week!

Now that all the Black Friday and Black Saturday sales are over, if you've got anything left in your rocket budget, how about giving the gift of rocketry to some students and helping to get them hooked?

All of our TARC team members are building their first low power rockets over Thanksgiving Break, and we plan to have a club launch before the end of the year. Then the real work of designing and building our competition rocket begins.

Head on over to our KickStarter page and check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/220377204/launch-santa-fe-high-schools-rocket-club

Thanks so much to anyone who has already donated. We're 1/4 of the way there and every little bit helps!

After the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, we're 1/3 of the way there! I'm so thankful to all of you who have donated so far, and to those who are still on the fence, we've got 16 days to go.

I'm in for what I can, hope you make the goal!

I wish I had a program like this when I was in school!

Thank you so much! We're really close, and if we get a little closer, I can get us the last couple hundred by myself. That's why I abstained from Black Friday this year.

Back