help im new

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristitarifa17

Reaction score
hello im new in rocket world i need some help with designing some fins for my rocket anyone can help me please ?

Hi There! Welcome!

Before designing your own rocket, I'd recommend you pick up a kit (or two) from a reputable manufacturer and build them. These kits have been designed and tested to ensure that they are safe to fly.

After you get a few builds under your belt, and you want to try designing your own rocket you'd need to give us more to work with. Are we talking about a MicroMax? Or are you going for an E powered design.

hello im new in rocket world i need some help with designing some fins for my rocket anyone can help me please ?
I think there are folks here who can help you if you provide all the specifications of your rocket. It's like saying, "I have a car. What size tires do I need?" No one can answer that until they know what kind of car you have.

• What is the length and diameter of the rocket?
  • What size and shape of nose cone?
  • What size motor will it fly on?
  • What will it be made of (cardboard, fiberglass, carbon fiber, Blue Tube, PVC, phenolic)?

My suggestion echoes what the others have made, namely the handbook of model rocketry, it doesn't really which edition you get a hold of,(say for example the library only has the 3rd edition it will work fine). Welcome to the forum we hope you enjoy your stay

What he said. Definitely.

I'd also second the recommendation to build and fly a few kits. Then try building a kit or two with different fins or whatever modifications you want to try.

Many paths to rocketry nirvana. I built many successful rockets using the rules of thumb taught by Stine and Van Milligan long before I ever touched a keyboard. The op's location may help us determine what resources are available.

Last edited:
As is so often the case, we know absolutely nothing about what the OP is trying to do. Any advice is pretty much pointless until we learn more.

I don't know why so many people seem to think that asking a question like that, with absolutely no context or explanation, is likely to generate a useful response.

I replied. Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, but one I stand by. FWIW I suspect the op is outside the USA. Provided a birthday though ! 😁

1635455644229.png

I hope they come back with a little more background but who knows.

So the response should be "What kind of help?"

That's certainly one response. Ok, this is my new favorite thread. kristitarifa17 please come back and tell us what's up.

1635456946366.png

I guess I'm that guy today. :angiefavorite:

Back