Help Identifying and possible plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeJsDad

Reaction score
I was watching a video of a launch and there was a twin motor rocket that rotated or spun on the way up like a corkscrew. I believe this was an LPR, I would love to see how they set up the motors to do this.

Paul

The spin could have been as simple as misaligned fins or uneven bevels.

The easiest way i can think of creating this effect is to build a 2 motor mount with 2 engine tubes, and 2 cluster centering rings, except twist the centering rings so the tubes are off axis with respect to each other. May require a slight eccentricity in the centering ring holes, but not too much.

The spin could have been as simple as misaligned fins or uneven bevels.

The easiest way i can think of creating this effect is to build a 2 motor mount with 2 engine tubes, and 2 cluster centering rings, except twist the centering rings so the tubes are off axis with respect to each other. May require a slight eccentricity in the centering ring holes, but not too much.

Thanks Bud, I think you are spot on. I have done some more digging and it was a scratch build or a Flis Kits rocket.

I have a couple of Deuce engine mounts in my stock; one of my desires is definitely to do something with canted fins to get the double-helix smoke trail.

Latest posts

Back