Help identifying a font

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
I'm trying to identify the font in this graphic. The closest I can find is called Bira, but it's not exact. Anybody have any ideas? It doesn't have to have the white outline.

crop.jpg

decal text.jpg

I have an app on my phone called "What the Font" that I've used a few times. Just open the app and take a picture and it offers suggestions.

You might remember also, not all printed text is necessarily a font. Many logos and such were art. I looked for days to match the Sprite (soda pop) font, only to find close matches. Your Betty Bomber did the same for me....nothing but close. I finally had to modify a close match font to look like the Sprite font. Consider using a close match font should you come up empty handed. Nobody said it had to be a perfect match.

Just out of curiosity I browsed a bit on 1001fonts and also tried a font matching thing online and really didn't come up with anything all that close. Like Gary says, that particular logo is most likely art rather than a font.

You could... Grab the font that is close, pull it into Illustrator (or corel or ..) and 'convert to line' and then push & pull it till it's pretty much mashed to what you want..

You could... Grab the font that is close, pull it into Illustrator (or corel or ..) and 'convert to line' and then push & pull it till it's pretty much mashed to what you want..

I see you've done this before. I used Corel Draw.

I cant help you with the font but I can separate the text from the background for you. with a higher resolution original I can get you better end result. You can email me a higher res picture if you want. I have a saved version of this as layer with no background color too bomber betty copy.jpg

I cant help you with the font but I can separate the text from the background for you. with a higher resolution original I can get you better end result. You can email me a higher res picture if you want. I have a saved version of this as layer with no background color too View attachment 330898

Can you remove the text from the logo?

Yes, if there are not large spaces of text covering the logo. post up or send me the full logo if you're keeping it on the DL and I'll let you know for sure

Here it is. I actually wish I had it without the text and circle around it. I don't think it's possible though.

bomber betty logo.jpg

Oh....I can't even post it here. And it's on an old CD in my archives stash. I'll have to dig it up and email it to you. You'll find it..uh....much more involved than you blowing a flame fart.

I am intrigued!

Back