Help finding parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowpuller

Reaction score
I need centering rings for a 53mm tube and a 24mm motor mount.

I also need the 24mm motor mount tube, sized for an E6-9.

I also need an Estes style motor retainer for 24mm

Any suggestions where I can find these parts?

I need centering rings for a 53mm tube and a 24mm motor mount.

I also need the 24mm motor mount tube, sized for an E6-9.

I also need an Estes style motor retainer for 24mm

Any suggestions where I can find these parts?

A 24mm motor tube can be cut from any BT-50 tube you have. 4" should do nicely. The motor retainer is available from Estes.

Thanks, uncle mikes had both also, what I can't find is the centering rings......

I use free or cheap CAD programs to draw circles for centering rings. Print them out on regular paper, spray some 3m adhesive on them and stick them to cardboard from household recycling. Cut out with sharp hobby knife. These are strong enough for low and mid power in my own experience thus far. Saves you time money and frustration of looking for stuff on the internet. Heck a compass could be used to draw circles directly onto the cardboard, though not quite as accurate as using a CAD program, could be close enough for rocket science.

Don't know why you need 53mm instead of 54mm, but Balsa Machining (www.balsamachining.com) has most anything you'd want.

I would imagine, gluing in centering rings would hide a multitude of errors or sins...even if your exacto knife wasn't the most steady.
Or are you doing something different with your centering rings?

Back