Help! - Ceramic Adhesives?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNoir

Reaction score
My wife has chipped one of her favorite coffee cups, which she made a couple years ago in a pottery class.

Anybody here got recommendations for an good ceramic adhesive I can fix this chip with?

My wife has chipped one of her favorite coffee cups, which she made a couple years ago in a pottery class.

Anybody here got recommendations for an good ceramic adhesive I can fix this chip with?

I've used CA in the past to fix a coffee cup from my past. It worked well for me. It won't hold liquid anymore though.

Epoxo 88

When I bought some from Andy a couple of years ago he told me he people buy it for fixing ceramic stuff.

Bunny:
I've only had limited experience with this stuff but I've fixed several chipped Ceramic and china Pieces with this "Epoxy for Food Processing Applications" from McMaster-Carr

#66525A21 is the 1.4oz dual pouch packs. for mixing about 11 bucks.

Dries amber so some care has to be taken to limit the amount and blend it into the crack/break or repair.
has worked well on antique tea sets and some other ceramic repairs. Stands up well to hot liquids and dish washing;)
Hope this helps.

I've had good luck with a medium-thickness CA.

Including reassembling a cookie jar lid that was broken into about 25 pieces...

-Kevin

Interestingly enough, white glue works really well if it's only a decorative cup.

Back