Help! Cant respond to private messages.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanDare

Reaction score
Hello there,

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place but I couldn't find the right forum part for this:

I can't respond to private messages and I mean I never responded any but tried now and nothing happens. If I click "send" page refreshes without warnings or errors but there's nothing in the sent folder. How to know my response reached it's destination? Or where to get help about this type of issue?

Thanks and Merry Christmas everybody!
Salute
Rodrigo

Hi dhbarr,

Yeah, nothing shows there. Tried two times still nothing there.
Windows 7 64bit & Firefox 50.1.0

This is the first time I (try to) respond and it's a quite old message (from ~ 2 years ago), but the guy is still a member so I guess it's supposed to work.

Hi dhbarr,

Yeah, nothing shows there. Tried two times still nothing there.
Windows 7 64bit & Firefox 50.1.0

This is the first time I (try to) respond and it's a quite old message (from ~ 2 years ago), but the guy is still a member so I guess it's supposed to work.

Sent you a test PM ; send me a test reply? :)

Cool!

Just responded you. Also other guy doing the same test.
Still, "Sent Items contains 0 messages"

Did you received my message back?

Thanks Steve.

From this test I see I can't retrieve what I've wrote on my responses (as my sent box is empty), but at least it reaches the other side.

a) I can see my sent PMs, b) this explains why some people PM me 2-3 times w/ similar or identical themes, and c) I totally got the PM response so you should be good ( if a bit incorporeal ).

Cheers!
-dh.

Hi tfish,

Thanks for the information. I'm not a one-off case then.

Salute

a) I can see my sent PMs, b) this explains why some people PM me 2-3 times w/ similar or identical themes, and c) I totally got the PM response so you should be good ( if a bit incorporeal ).

Cheers!
-dh.

Yeah it was a concern: Filling guy's box with my attempts... :)

Cheers!

Just making sure, did you make sure to check the settings in your profile about keeping sent messages? I don't think they're kept by default.

Just making sure, did you make sure to check the settings in your profile about keeping sent messages? I don't think they're kept by default.

Hi blackbrandt,

Yeah... I didn't touched anything from the defaults. Now I see that's just my settings :facepalm:
It's clear I didn't referred to the "Before You Ask" checklist before posting. I'm sorry about it.

Thank you

This.
You have to manually select to keep sent messages. I had the same issue some time back.
Select settings at the top of the page, then general settings from the left column. Scroll down and you'll see it. "Save a copy of sent messages...."

This.
You have to manually select to keep sent messages. I had the same issue some time back.
Select settings at the top of the page, then general settings from the left column. Scroll down and you'll see it. "Save a copy of sent messages...."

Apparently this is a thing I did. Good to know!

Hi blackbrandt,

Yeah... I didn't touched anything from the defaults. Now I see that's just my settings :facepalm:
It's clear I didn't referred to the "Before You Ask" checklist before posting. I'm sorry about it.

Thank you

Carl,
Glad I could help. :) Merry Christmas!

Back