Hello! New and in need of help (;

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested in *all* the rocket kits, but I can't afford it all, nor could I store it, and it would be the literal kid in a candy store scenario. However, I'm definitely interested in some. The Estes V2 for example, which seems "out of stock" in every place I've looked. And a few others as well. Let me know when you've got stuff posted!!

Is the Battlestar Galactica Laser Torpedo (1311) claimed yet? I could really use that one for my sims.

Don't worry I won't have you send it to China for me... I'll leave that to JimZ.

Hi Micky, I've sent a private message about the Geo Sat LV in one of your first pictures. I'm interested in that one (as long as it isn't one of the ones included in the trash pile deal... don't want to mess up that transaction)

Thanks!

Well, if there's an incomplete Mercury-Redstone among those 3, I could use some spare parts, particularly the capsule and tower. That really is an incredible pile, I wich I could take more advantage of it!

Well, if there's an incomplete Mercury-Redstone among those 3, I could use some spare parts, particularly the capsule and tower. That really is an incredible pile, I wich I could take more advantage of it!
I think i have 3, i found another one earlier that was literally in the trash and nasty, but those red plastic things are still sealed if that’s what you need

Attachments

• 7C3F801B-517E-49A1-AA22-56A65D5E0800.jpeg
    7C3F801B-517E-49A1-AA22-56A65D5E0800.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 647BEF74-6923-4F29-848F-99DEDA308000.jpeg
    647BEF74-6923-4F29-848F-99DEDA308000.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 67AF0D9E-AC97-4C32-BCA0-CD832485335E.jpeg
    67AF0D9E-AC97-4C32-BCA0-CD832485335E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • F40CFFA0-4C17-4000-9E9D-BAD953B62B89.jpeg
    F40CFFA0-4C17-4000-9E9D-BAD953B62B89.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 245EDBC3-22F0-4773-B73E-EF2B23D92082.jpeg
    245EDBC3-22F0-4773-B73E-EF2B23D92082.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Just found this cutie, not a rocket, but still cool
Oh, it's a rocket alright. Sold by Estes at some point, but internet wisdom says it's 30 years old and still in the box makes it valuable to a collector. I'll tell you right now that I know nothing about the collector value of this stuff (I've only been in the hobby for 6 months), but I'd say that sucker is worth more than $50 to somebody.

I think i have 3, i found another one earlier that was literally in the trash and nasty, but those red plastic things are still sealed if that’s what you need
Yes, they are indeed! What do you want, including shipping. Glory, if it wouldn't put my in the doghouse, I'd take a kit, too. But I have to repair this one at least:
Mercury_Redstone-02_Launch(2)_4x6cr.jpg

Thanks @TigerHawk for tagging me.

@Micky, I appreciate you coming to me first about these kits days ago through my site. I made the initial $250 offer based on a MUCH smaller list that you provided, plus some very pixelated photos you sent, and you not being able to accurately assess the condition of the kits. I was basically shooting blind and even said I would take them "sight unseen" - meaning whatever condition they came to me in - even if they were all trashed, I would still take them and take the loss.

I see now that some do have water and other damage, but the majority are pretty nice! It also seems you have found a LOT MORE than when we spoke a few days ago lol, which obviously makes my initial offer look foolish, because it was based on about 1/3 of what's shown here, with a lot of the key kits left out.

Granted, as most kits will be cleaned up and resold, I can't pay what a collector would - but you also don't need to ship out 40 packages either, when you just want them all gone. I'd love the opportunity to do business with you and I will make it as easy as I can for you. Text me back and let's make something happen.

Thanks, Steve

Y'all worked this lady up into a frenzy. Here is what should be done;

She should post a list here of every rocket she has. Then you should PM her your offer for the lot (she wants to get rid of it all quickly)

Then she can decide who she will sell it to. The above posts makes her think she has won the lottery. She has not, she has a nice collection of collectables that she can sell. There is a WORLD of difference between the cash in hand price and the "I saw this once on eBay for $XX"

For reference, I have offered $750, and she turned me down. Perhaps the OP will post a list, and PMs will go back & forth, and this will be done?

Absolutely not. I got a link to a catalog from someone here with real numbers. I’ll just put them back where i found them and not stress over it anymore. ✌🏻

Absolutely not. I got a link to a catalog from someone here with real numbers. I’ll just put them back where i found them and not stress over it anymore. ✌🏻
you stated before that you wanted them gone ASAP, you've received a good offer, now you're just going to keep them? Life is way too short to have things collecting dust and not providing people happiness. Material items, unused, makes them worthless. :(

Back