Hello from the high desert

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last Ox

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My model rocketry experience was nearly 50 years ago, I built and launched two rockets that, so far as I know, impacted clouds and stuck - they were never seen again and I believe that to be the most likely cause.

My first really large rocket was a Trident, followed eight years later by the Trident II. The first flight did not go well I was Officer of the Deck and had to get the boat out from under the very large flaming bits coming down on us (without breaking the telemetry mast!). In later years, I handled far more Mk 66 motors (Hydra-70 FF rockets) than I can count. They'd make a heckuva HPR, but bringing home samples was not really an option.

My grandchild took up the hobby with Oregon Rocketry, and I have reentered the fray as a spectator.

Welcome! Don't just be a spectator, you're never too old to get (back) into rocketry. Lots of us are OldGuys™; my first rocket was in 1965. Got back into it late 80s and have never looked back.

Best,
Terry

My model rocketry experience was nearly 50 years ago, I built and launched two rockets that, so far as I know, impacted clouds and stuck - they were never seen again and I believe that to be the most likely cause.

Then it’s high time you build a couple more! Maybe spray them down with silicone dry lube this time, to keep them from sticking.

Welcome!

Back