Hello from SoCal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mopo

Reaction score
Hi from the 626.

Looking to get back into MPR/HPR and getting L1. I haven't built anything in the past 10 years but I'm sure it will all come back to me. I've been reading and lurking a lot on this forum and am learning tons. The local club around me is SCRA and they do monthly class 1 launches at Santa Fe dam. I am also about hour and half from Lucerne so I plan to launch with ROC for L1. Currently trying to figure out what to build, all the new kits and build threads look amazing!

Welcome back! I'm a regular at ROC launches, so feel free to say hi! I might not be there for the next 2 monthly launches, but I'll be there for ROCstock. Are the Santa Fe Dam launches currently happening? I thought they had paused for covid and never resumed. I hope I'm wrong though. It isn't the best launch site, but it's a lot closer than Lucerne and it still works just fine for a launch site.

Awesome, I plan to join ROC as well and get out there to spectate next month probably.

Santa Fe launches have resumed, they had their first one since COVID 2 weeks ago.

Hi from the 626.

Looking to get back into MPR/HPR and getting L1. I haven't built anything in the past 10 years but I'm sure it will all come back to me. I've been reading and lurking a lot on this forum and am learning tons. The local club around me is SCRA and they do monthly class 1 launches at Santa Fe dam. I am also about hour and half from Lucerne so I plan to launch with ROC for L1. Currently trying to figure out what to build, all the new kits and build threads look amazing!
Welcome! Hello from the 858, the 619, the…+52 664 (viva la rocketry!)

I’m also out at ROC occasionally, maybe I’ll see you out there.

Last edited:
SCRA will be having a launch at Santa Fe Dam on August 27th.

Get there EARLY or you won't be able to get in the park (The park closes when it reaches capacity and there is a special event on that day).

Back