Hello from Phoenix

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I enjoyed flying model rockets with my dad when I was a kid even though they usually ended up in trees, so when my son got old enough I bought him an Estes kit. He got hooked and wanted to go bigger and bigger, so this year we both jumped into high-power flying. We both received NAR L1 in April and I just received L2 in October (he's living vicariously though me until he hits 18 and isn't capped at Junior L1). We have a nice fleet that flies at least monthly - below is a flight with Grandpa doing aerial photography with his DJI.

I've been lurking here for a while as I ponder L3, so I figured it was smart to end the year by joining the forum.

yank.jpg

I have looked at flying with SARA also because it’s so much closer then heading all the way out to the SSS site, it’s 2.5 hour drive to get out there. But the FAA altitude waver makes it so you can fly pretty much anything you want out there. I am working on my L2 rocket right now, single deployment Mad Cow Super DX3. I have a dual deployment can all created, have 3x4” rockets I can move it between and experiment.

Welcome to the Forum. Spent a lot of time in Scottsdale 22015/16. Little bit in Phoenix too. Come up to Vegas in March. Our TRA group has a 3 day event the 3rd weekend. Springfest.

Back