Hello from O'fallon Missouri

Pyropawpaw

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I built rockets as a child, and now I'm enjoying building and flying rockets again with my grandkids. All my rockets up until recently have been cardboard. I completed and flew my first fiberglass DD (Wildman 2" Punisher SS), what a game changer. This past summer I joined NAR and successfully completed my L1 on a modified LOC Ultimate, and flew some interesting cluster flights on it after my L1 flight. I've also joined Tripoli. I have built (actually overbuilt) a 7.5" LOC Doorknob for my L2, and plan to fly it on a J800. I've also designed and built a launch controller for low power with safety features that I haven't seen anywhere else. I'm currently have my eyes on a MAC performance 4" Black Fly. I'm looking forward to being able to interact with others who share my enthusiasm for this sport.

mjennings

Reaction score
Welcome be sure to check out Saint Louis Rocketry Association! Nice flying field at Buder Park at 44 and 141. Mostly lpr and nor at that field. I haven't been around much lately but a good group of people.

Pyropawpaw

Reaction score
Welcome be sure to check out Saint Louis Rocketry Association! Nice flying field at Buder Park at 44 and 141. Mostly lpr and nor at that field. I haven't been around much lately but a good group of people.
Thanks! I’ve looked at the website, but haven’t attended any of their events besides NARAM. With the exception of NARAM, I don’t think they had any HPR events this year. I’ve been going to Elizabethtown KY and Springfield MO to fly. It looks like Launchcrew in Holland IN is closer to me but I haven’t been there yet.

mjennings

Reaction score
I know they've done HRP at a farm in North St Charles county in the winter but I've never made it to a hpr launch. I don't see any on the calendar at the moment either.

Stewman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I’ve looked at the website, but haven’t attended any of their events besides NARAM. With the exception of NARAM, I don’t think they had any HPR events this year. I’ve been going to Elizabethtown KY and Springfield MO to fly. It looks like Launchcrew in Holland IN is closer to me but I haven’t been there yet.
Welcome to the forum - Tripoli MO-KAN flies at Miller MO, next launch is 3rd Saturday in March. Maybe see you there.