Hello from Las Vegas, Nevada!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scout306

Reaction score
My friends and I have assembled a group in our high school to build a high power sugar rocket. We are trying to reach a great milestone, the 10,000 foot mark! Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated!

My friends and I have assembled a group in our high school to build a high power sugar rocket. We are trying to reach a great milestone, the 10,000 foot mark! Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated!
Welcome!

Most advice you get will depend on how much experience you have and what ideas you’re kicking around. If you’ve never built a rocket before and you’re looking at machining your own casing, developing your own electronic deployment package, and going for broke on that first flight, that’s probably too ambitious and will likely end in failure. Best-case scenario is damage to the rocket, worst-case scenario is somebody gets hurt.

But if you’ve got enough flights in the J impulse range and up that you can safely consider yourself experienced at that level, you’re using off-the-shelf components except for the sugar motor, and you’ve got a test program in mind for hitting successively higher altitudes before going for the big 1-0, I think most would encourage you to go for it.

Have you got a preliminary design worked out? Any schematics, specifications, data points, or even photographs can be helpful.

Last edited:
Back