Hello, from Houston Tx

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m happy to be part of this community, and looking forward to learning as much as I can.
I’ve always liked rockets but as a child my parents did not support any hobby that cost more than a soccer ball, and now that I’m an adult child with a solid job I can finally afford to get into it the way I always wanted.

I’m basically a beginner into high power rocketry so far only built one rocket, and working on my second one. I haven’t yet flown the first one but I’m planning on going for an L1 cert launch this coming Saturday!
On the larger one, since it’s slightly custom I’ll be working on it over the next couple months to get my L2 with it. For now it’s all about planning the build and avionics, and simulating it as best as I can. I’m sure launching the rockets is fun, but I’m having a great time just learning and building.

41DD66E2-774C-49F0-AE72-DDB3DBC552B6.jpeg

Welcome aboard
Definitely ask questions whenever you have them. Lots of good info here with knowledgeable people. Enjoy and again welcome

Welcome! Great place to learn. No stupid questions here!

Oh, and smstachwick: OF COURSE you can Stage it! STAGE EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Welcome! Great place to learn. No stupid questions here!

Oh, and smstachwick: OF COURSE you can Stage it! STAGE EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Just saw this cruising through watched threads that got buried. Thanks for the encouragement!

I’m sure you’ve figured this out already, but you can ping other users by putting an @ before typing out their username. @Hyak , for example. The forum software will even provide suggestions once you get a few characters in. Once you post, the person you @ed will get a notification.

Back