Hello from germany

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McTschegsn

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Good day,
Chris here, 48 from germany (near Frankfurt) freshly infected with model rocketry virus.
Started (again) in may this year having fun with the starter set from Klima and now procedding to do more advanced kits and own designs.
Into modeling (R/C planes, helicopters and stuff) since I was 6 hoping to get good fun and learn things.
Any questions? Feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
Good Afternoon (to you, it's evening for me)
Jim here (from the US, but living in the PRC).

Welcome!!!

I used PAN (Starter Set) as my firstie and parallel built an Atlas which I both test flew at a reunion meeting in Buckminster (England). They worked really flawless.
Currently finishing my first (small) own design (Wasserfall, a german surface to air missile) and fiddling around with Klima Parts and OpenRocket to test some builds and merely have fun.
Actually I am waiting for some scale Models to arrive (Estes Saturn 1B, Saturn V and Mercury Redstone - I know I am a bit hooked ;) )
Attached is a pic of my Wasserfall ready to be painted.
Very tiny as I used a 35mm body tube and realized the size after putting the first parts together. At least there is enough space to snug wadding and a small chute in it. Never thought of tumblerecovery as I did not know that :D

Attachments

• Wasserfall.jpg
    Wasserfall.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 0
Welcome Chris and best regards from a few kilometres further down 😉

Also having a Saturn V on the build pile, thinking about possible motors.
I tend to go for 29 mm Estes screw-on retainer, as the Skylab version has.
Though single use Motor options are rather limited with this here.

Absolutely. I tend to use the motor tube as an adaptable holder for different engines / casings with spacers. When the model arrives I will have a look how to achieve that.

Besides that: Greetings to "a few kilometers further down" :D
Where are you from?

Last edited:
Absolutely. I tend to use the motor tube as an adaptable holder for different engines / casings with spacers. When the model arrives I will have a look how to achieve that.

Besides that: Greetings to "a few kilometers further down" :D
Where are you from?

Indeed: going for 29 gives the adapter option for 24. And 18 mm is anyway out of discussion for the Saturn V.
Only clustered 18 mm would be a different build-option. But that is not what appeals to me for this rocket, though there are clustering CRs available for this body tube in NL.

I most-most likely will go for 29 and see what motors are available by the time I am done (which realistically will take some more years 😬).

I am located just south of Stuttgart.

Welcome Chris,
It's been over fifty years since I've been in West Germany. Born in Bitburg back in '63. Hope to get back there someday.
Tom

Back