Hello from Florida

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryDean

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Seems the forum would like an introductory post. Currently in Florida, have launched LPR since high school, and moved to HPR a few years ago. Now working on a 4" scratch-build that will NOT be for NAR L3. The design in RocSim indicates a 13,500 foot apogee with the "smallest" M motor available from CTI. So, my challenge is "what to do for L3?", and currently stuck in a decision between a Wildman 6" Ultimate Extreme OR Composite Warehouse Prometheus 6. I have REALLY liked the tubing out of Composite Warehouse, but have some concerns about their delivery timing.
If anyone out there has some personal experience between the Wildman or Composite Warehouse rockets mentioned above, I would certainly appreciate feedback.
Happy Flying!

Never heard anything negative about Wildman. They seem to be pretty popular.

Composite Warhouse can be a craps shoot and has been the subject of some complaining and speculation. Thread here

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/does-composite-warehouse-still-exist.176807/

Double-check your deadline to dispute credit card charges and mark your calendar if/when you buy. But if you do get tubes, they should be good quality.

Seems the forum would like an introductory post. Currently in Florida, have launched LPR since high school, and moved to HPR a few years ago. Now working on a 4" scratch-build that will NOT be for NAR L3. The design in RocSim indicates a 13,500 foot apogee with the "smallest" M motor available from CTI. So, my challenge is "what to do for L3?", and currently stuck in a decision between a Wildman 6" Ultimate Extreme OR Composite Warehouse Prometheus 6. I have REALLY liked the tubing out of Composite Warehouse, but have some concerns about their delivery timing.
If anyone out there has some personal experience between the Wildman or Composite Warehouse rockets mentioned above, I would certainly appreciate feedback.
Happy Flying!

WOW, thanks for that link! Very enlightening. After reading through the submissions, I will almost certainly go with the Wildman "6 inch Ultimate Wildman" kit for L3. I have a goal to have the rocket ready for AIRFEST 29 in Argonia, Kansas on September 1 - 4, 2023. It looks like if I went with Composite Warehouse I should plan for a 2024 event..............
My only "problem" is that I do really want the Composite Warehouse Tomahawk 5.5 rocket, as an entry point for multi-stage rockets in the future. AND, their website says that one is currently "NOT IN STOCK". That should be a clear warning to me that an order will take a loooooooong time. Oh well, gotta have it, as I am not aware of any way to purchase the necessary transition piece between the 1st and 2nd stages from any existing vendor. Hmm, maybe a good course of action is to investigate whether this forum has some solid suggestions for multi-stage rocket design, and parts supply.

WOW, thanks for that link! Very enlightening. After reading through the submissions, I will almost certainly go with the Wildman "6 inch Ultimate Wildman" kit for L3. I have a goal to have the rocket ready for AIRFEST 29 in Argonia, Kansas on September 1 - 4, 2023. It looks like if I went with Composite Warehouse I should plan for a 2024 event..............
My only "problem" is that I do really want the Composite Warehouse Tomahawk 5.5 rocket, as an entry point for multi-stage rockets in the future. AND, their website says that one is currently "NOT IN STOCK". That should be a clear warning to me that an order will take a loooooooong time. Oh well, gotta have it, as I am not aware of any way to purchase the necessary transition piece between the 1st and 2nd stages from any existing vendor. Hmm, maybe a good course of action is to investigate whether this forum has some solid suggestions for multi-stage rocket design, and parts supply.
We have a special multistaging subforum that you may have seen. Some HPR guys go for two-stagers and they discuss a lot of their techniques there.

If this is the rocket you’re looking for:

http://www.compositewarehouse.com/i...product&path=96_18_67&product_id=325&limit=50
It indicates that it’s in-stock when I visit the page. Maybe double-check?

As an update, I managed to successfully communicate with Composite Warehouse regarding a purchase. We worked out my questions regarding a couple custom parts (color, nosecone and payload tube), and they seemed OK to work with. Placed my order for their Prometheus 6 in early April. On April 21st they sent an invoice for payment, stating the package would be mailed within a few days of receipt of payment. Paid immediately. There WAS some concern on my part when no communication, tracking number, or package came within 2 weeks. I wrote an e-mail about my concerns and the next day received a UPS Tracking Number. Today, a VERY large package was delivered to my home. YAY!
Cannot open package right now as in the final stages of a 4" build, documented in a thread on this forum.

Back