Hello from Central Texas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HankTX

Reaction score
I've been lurking and learning here for a while and decided I should just go ahead and join up.

Got back into low power last year after a multi-decade hiatus. Had my first mid-power flight earlier this year (LOC Scout) and hoping to have a 4" T-LOC ready for the Austin Club launch next month.

Looking forward to hanging out and continuing to leverage all of the great info here.

I've been lurking and learning here for a while and decided I should just go ahead and join up.

Got back into low power last year after a multi-decade hiatus. Had my first mid-power flight earlier this year (LOC Scout) and hoping to have a 4" T-LOC ready for the Austin Club launch next month.

Looking forward to hanging out and continuing to leverage all of the great info here.
Welcome! Thanks for jumping in.

We love pictures, if there are any you’d be willing to share.

Pictures you say? Here's the Scout I flew earlier this year. And the T-LOC - freshly primed and ready for color coats which coincidentally arrive today...

Attachments

• scout.jpg
    scout.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 0
  • tloc.jpg
    tloc.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 0
I just ordered a LOC scout this AM and am understandably curious as to how you liked it. Details please! Much like you I took a 40-yr vacation from the hobby and now have been back in for 6 months, and wow, it now fills every free moment. I'm building a fleet, after promising myself I wouldn't get more than three. I keep buying more kits! Don't even know where I'm putting all these rockets! But I will find space.

Understand on the number of kits. I also have a LOC Goblin on deck and a Warlock on order - plus a number of low powered kits from various brands my daughter and I work on. It's been fun revisiting Estes kits from way back when. My office is starting to fill up...

As for the Scout, it's a straight forward build and LOC makes a quality kit. Biggest challenge was sanding/filling the nose cone to get a smooth surface. Not a big deal really. I enjoyed the build and it's a great flyer. I think you'll find the same.

Back