Hello from Carber Energetics!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a turd bowl this thread has turned into.
I trust the NAR/Tripoli certification process to make sure the motors meet the requirements.
Don, if you start selling NAR/Tripoli certified motors at a much lower cost, I will buy them.

Keep picking a scab and it'll never stop bleeding...

Thanks Crossfire! Correct! No hardwear to buy. Just buy the motor, put the integral igniter in, push the button, and your rocket is QUICKLY leaving the pad!!

I was around when large motors were rare. Reaction Labs motors were a low cost option. The L911 and H170 usually worked, the others were a crap shoot. Just ask Team WAC at LDRS 8. IIRC, the L911 was 2.5" (64 mm) in diameter. Motors were not standardized diameters yet. (Vulcan '54 mm' motors were actually 2-1/16" diameter [52 mm] so tape centering rings were needed.) Here's a pic of a spent Vulcan J250 with tape CRs and thrust ring.
Spent J250 with tape thrust ring and adapter.jpg

I would buy the motors if:
They were certified
They were reliable and wouldn't destroy my rockets.
They really were a lot less expensive than the competition.

The last time I looked, the plural for lady is "ladies." NOT "lady's." Just saying....

When I owed Top Flight Recovery someone from Canada did the same thing to me. Someone who didn't know our address would type in Top Flight Recovery and it would go right to a hobby dealer in Canada. Our address was Topflightrecoveryllc
Me too. 😡
Then they offered to sell it to me. Now it’s for sale $1500.

Nice try Dustin, very creative way to try to get more info on the motors. Don didn't take the bait though, not yet anyway, maybe needs more time to answer. Don't hold your breath!!

I PM'ed Don too as a reminder to look at it. Totally get it if he takes his time to reply so he can get it right, I'd rather have accurate information 3 days from now than a snarky comment now. But if he doesn't reply...it can be the greatest thing ever, but if I don't know how to design the rocket the whole thing is moot to me. At that point, Carber isn't a viable option and I'll go elsewhere. Pretty simple in the end.

I saved Carber-energetics.com for him
Someone should probably also help them set up accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Never announce a company name without at least considering your social media and Internet presence. Microsoft really didn’t like the fact that Nortel owned NT.com when they wanted to use the domain to make it easier for companies to find information on their product Windows NT.
National Association of Realtors was late securing nar.org.

Wow, what a turd bowl this thread has turned into.
I trust the NAR/Tripoli certification process to make sure the motors meet the requirements.
Don, if you start selling NAR/Tripoli certified motors at a much lower cost, I will buy them.

I have had a phone conversation with Don. I don't know how he will implement design claims to be NFPA compliant, but I can assure you that the motors will only be certified by NAR S&T if they meet the NFPA specified requirements.

John Lyngdal
NAR Standards & Testing Co-Chairman
NFPA PYR-AAA Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back