Hello from Carber Energetics!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m making motors right around my parked Toyota Sienna Van. Yes it’s a little tight in my garage to have both motor making operations, room for my car, my zero turn mower, my tools, etc. But sho’ ‘nuff, I’m working around all that JUST to make good motors for Y’ALL. Just thought you might want to know JDERIMIG. It’s all good.

PaPa John’s owner began his operations out of his garage in Jeffersonville Indiana and made a fortune!

It ain’t easy making propellant in a crowded garage!! But we manage!! Lmao!!

@don

This is what your facing... there is a diffrence between the Estes guys and the HP guys.. while there is currently nothing wrong with ANY MOTOR VENDOR, the addition of another sounds super duper scary... scary enough that the nit pickers are looking for anything and everything to throw at you. I appologize for the nonsense your having to deal with from the guys who will never buy your motors.

There are people who only want to hit 1,500 feet (most likely due to flying field or waiver) or the fear they have of dual deployment...the "smarties" who bitch and moan most likely have never used dual deployment..

There are people that want to only hit 150 feet..

Your market is the HP croud and the people who seem to be complaining are NOT THE HP GUYS..

Funny, where did the feign out rage happen to go when you mentioned HEI... ohhhh the hurt feeling over THAT!! THEN it went to pricing.. then.. to where you manufacture the motors?

Seriously people...lighten the fu%k up! This guy is building motors that will cost us LESS ( According to dan) and now the discussion seems to be where your building them.. just wow...

A NEW vendor comes here and all these pussys have every question thats honestly NONE OF THERE BUSINESS, (insurance, location, number of employees, )

YET the crying, complaining and questioning presented to a NEW VENDOR is beyond pathetic.

@don. THERE ARE A MAJORITY OF US HIGH POWER GUYS WHO ANXIOUSLY AWAIT A NEW POWER PLANT OPTION.

cost aside, another motor vendor is being scrutinized to the point of "running him out of town" all by the people who think High power is a Estes C motor. Those are the guys who are crying, complaining and giving you pushback in a semi passive aggressive questioning..

Again...WHY ARE WE ALL NOT WELCOMING THIS NEW MOTOR VENDOR WITH OPEN ARMS? ITS BEEN HOW LONG SINCE A NEW VENDOR CAME TO TOWN WITH A REVOLUTION IN ROCKETRY?

I looked back.. and I have yet to find any push back on the jolly logic chute releases.. or the GPS we use..to treat a new vendor like this even if he doesn't produce your beloved A8-3 is unaceptable as a whole.

Its a disgrace to our sport to shun this guy who is offering US new motors.. even if you'll never buy from him.. leave your 2 cents at the door.. we don't need the the charity...

Keep your opinion to yourself if this guys motors don't suit YOUR needs..

The Dude

P.s.
Can you make me a motor to fit this? 75mm. And im looking to hit
15,000 feet in a 25lb rocket..

Attachments

• 20210227_130714.jpg
    20210227_130714.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 30
Yeah, that helps the whole situation.

My largest advise is be quiet until you have something to sell, and stop belittling people who would have been your customers.

Business Admin page one.
So the amount of people blasting and questioning him is acceptable?? He is what. Just going to allow these low power guys to derail him and not support a new vendor? He is supposed to sit back and take it.. why don't that work in reverse ?

Why ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@don

This is what your facing... there is a diffrence between the Estes guys and the HP guys.. while there is currently nothing wrong with ANY MOTOR VENDOR, the addition of another sounds super duper scary... scary enough that the nit pickers are looking for anything and everything to throw at you. I appologize for the nonsense your having to deal with from the guys who will never buy your motors.

There are people who only want to hit 1,500 feet (most likely due to flying field or waiver) or the fear they have of dual deployment...the "smarties" who bitch and moan most likely have never used dual deployment..

Your market is the HP croud and the people who seem to be complaining are NOT THE HP GUYS..

Funny, where did the feign out rage happen to go when you mentioned HEI... ohhhh the hurt feeling over THAT!! THEN it went to pricing.. then.. to where you manufacture the motors?

Seriously people...lighten the fu%k up! This guy is building motors that will cost us LESS ( According to dan) and now the discussion seems to be where your building them.. just wow...

A NEW vendor comes here and all these pussys have every question thats honestly NONE OF THERE BUSINESS, (insurance, location, number of employees, )

YET the crying, complaining and questioning presented to a NEW VENDOR is beyond pathetic.

@don. THERE ARE A MAJORITY OF US HIGH POWER GUYS WHO ANXIOUSLY AWAIT A NEW POWER PLANT OPTION.

cost aside, another motor vendor is being scrutinized to the point of "running him out of town" all by the people who think High power is a Estes C motor. Those are the guys who are crying, complaining and giving you pushback in a semi passive aggressive questioning..

Again...WHY ARE WE ALL NOT WELCOMING THIS NEW MOTOR VENDOR WITH OPEN ARMS? ITS BEEN HOW LONG SINCE A NEW VENDOR CAME TO TOWN WITH A REVOLUTION IN ROCKETRY?

I looked back.. and I have yet to find any push back on the jolly logic chute releases.. or the GPS we use..to treat a new vendor like this even if he doesn't produce your beloved A8-3 is unaceptable as a whole.

Its a disgrace to our sport to shun this guy who is offering US new motors.. even if you'll never buy from him.. leave your 2 cents at the door.. we don't need the the charity...

The Dude

P.s.

Your right. Don has a lot of work to get done, bout time we all quit posting to this thread, he's spending all his time here. We'll never see any motors at this rate. :closed:

Last edited:
So the amount of people blasting and questioning him is acceptable?? He is what. Just going to allow these low power guys to derail him and not support a new vendor? He is supposed to sit back and take it.. why don't that work in reverse ?

Why ?

Simple (and I want to be a buyer) And you are intelligent enough to know this; He has not answered any questions, shown any pictures, offered any proof of product. Show one picture of a motor in your garage, Don, and you will make most people feel more comfortable.

But you won't.

Show a static firing?

But you won't.

I have 15 business ideas in my head - If I started acting as if any of them were viable, prior to showing ANYTHING, answering ANYTHING, I'd expect to be run out of town. Deservedly.

@don

The Dude

P.s.

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about marketing knows the keys are to be vague and to insult and belittle your potential customers. Every successful campaign in the history of companies has done this.

Frankly, CPUtommy, you're half-assing it. Look at the number of times Don posts vs the number of times you post. Everytime Don posts you should be tucked in right underneath him with your own post, backing him up with at least two insults. Repetition. Consistency. Like a submarine captain and XO. Your voice right after his.

And work in some variety. Your LPR vs HPR strategy is getting stale. So is questioning people's manhood. Branch out. Get creative. Accuse people of bad parenting, criminal actions, question their patriotism because they're questioning your motors.

Step it up. Use your whole ass. You'll be the next Apple in no time.

Last edited:
Well I'm one of those guys with a 3000 ft waiver ceiling who's built a lot of Estes rockets, and I still do; but half my rockets are 29mm and 38mm, launched on mostly non-Hazmat AT's CTI's and Loki's.

So in the minds of some of you I may be small-time, but believe me launching into the stratosphere is on my bucket list. I'm willing to make trips to locations that offer such waivers, and I'll complete the 2-stage rockets that will be necessary to reach such goals. An investment of $1000s in reload hardware (that I couldn't use around here) to do that is certainly possible, but to do that for just a few launches seems crazy to me.

So I'm a prospective customer of Don's. Don't count me out. When (if?) he actually produces something, I'd buy a few. And you never know, maybe quite a few...

So in the minds of some of you I may be small-time

Nope - anyone involved in rocketry is involved in rocketry and is welcomed as a fellow rocketeer. Full stop.

My initial complaints about this whole thing centered around the HEI and the assertion that NFPA doesn't matter. As was rightfully pointed out, NAR/TRA certification bodies will do their job in their customary excellent fashion, so at the end of the day either the motors are certified as compliant or they aren't.

What has bothered me more about anything since then is the assertation that there are "high power guys" and "low guys". I mean, sure, people concentrate their efforts in different areas, but do people really think this hobby is big enough to separate into different camps and pull this "us vs. them" crap? I mean, I've flown everything from an A to a K...but, come to think of it, I've never flown on an H. Does that mean that someone getting their L1 on an H isn't worth congratulating? Absolutely not, they should be congratulated and celebrated.

So why the belittling people who's rockets aren't big enough? Or are you just compensating for something?

Nope - anyone involved in rocketry is involved in rocketry and is welcomed as a fellow rocketeer. Full stop.

My initial complaints about this whole thing centered around the HEI and the assertion that NFPA doesn't matter. As was rightfully pointed out, NAR/TRA certification bodies will do their job in their customary excellent fashion, so at the end of the day either the motors are certified as compliant or they aren't.

What has bothered me more about anything since then is the assertation that there are "high power guys" and "low guys". I mean, sure, people concentrate their efforts in different areas, but do people really think this hobby is big enough to separate into different camps and pull this "us vs. them" crap? I mean, I've flown everything from an A to a K...but, come to think of it, I've never flown on an H. Does that mean that someone getting their L1 on an H isn't worth congratulating? Absolutely not, they should be congratulated and celebrated.

So why the belittling people who's rockets aren't big enough? Or are you just compensating for something?
This!
I’ve never known a less snobbish group than rocketry folks. We’re too small of a family to maintain long-standing feuds. Sure, people’s personalities sometimes ruffle others, but in the end we all enjoy seeing rockets fly whether they’re an A Alpha or R to Q two stage.

Ok, I guess I will chime in again although I'm not so sure my last post on the now deleted thread wasn't the post that got it deleted. What is the big deal here. A new motor manufacturer has announced that in the future he will be manufacturing, certifying and selling motors. He's a little vague but states the pricing will be great and he has an innovative idea for ignition. Top this off with the fact that this is a well known motor manufacturer that was selling motors in the 80's. Motors that I have personally bought, flown and been happy with. I mean these are people that have been around since before most of the people on this web site were of age to launch anything. Not saying age matters but if he could make L motors that worked in 1985 he probably could make a few that work today. Look in some of the old old rocketry magazines. You will see these guys names all over the place. Anybody want some exact references ask me. I have copies.
Instead of everyone saying GREAT, bring them on. Half the posts are negative.. Negative about what???? You don't want an new manufacturer?? Why???
How many manufacturers have posted on here about products that were never released? (Quest with the large black powder China motors as well as several other announcements comes to mind) Where is the 8 page negative review of this???
I really just don't understand. People all over the place are bringing up why his product wont work. Without having seen it or reviewed it. WHY?? Is that what we do with new products? Explain why it cannot possibly work before it is released and we know anything about it? I'm sure the answer here is that we have asked him questions and we get no answers. Since when does a first announcement for a new product contain all the answers? Thats what this is A FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT. Like any manufacturer as the product is developed and released the answers will be forthcoming. When has it been any other way?
On a personal note (and heres where the thread deletion comes) I notice that a lot of the people that have negative responses to this announcement make sure to mention their Tripoli number and Cert level in their response. Just remember

I for one would love to see some new items from a new vendor, but simple and reasonable request for pictures, motor specs, pricing, realistic ETA, etc. have gone unanswered.

So lets ask again.... when will we something real???
Soon I am sure

Guess I ran out of words.. What I was saying was Just remember, These guys were manufacturing and selling Level one Cert motors long before there was such a thing. I know because I flew some.

Tripoli # 208
Cert level nothing since I haven't renewed my membership lately

Ok, I guess I will chime in again although I'm not so sure my last post on the now deleted thread wasn't the post that got it deleted. What is the big deal here. A new motor manufacturer has announced that in the future he will be manufacturing, certifying and selling motors. He's a little vague but states the pricing will be great and he has an innovative idea for ignition. Top this off with the fact that this is a well known motor manufacturer that was selling motors in the 80's. Motors that I have personally bought, flown and been happy with. I mean these are people that have been around since before most of the people on this web site were of age to launch anything. Not saying age matters but if he could make L motors that worked in 1985 he probably could make a few that work today. Look in some of the old old rocketry magazines. You will see these guys names all over the place. Anybody want some exact references ask me. I have copies.
Instead of everyone saying GREAT, bring them on. Half the posts are negative.. Negative about what???? You don't want an new manufacturer?? Why???
How many manufacturers have posted on here about products that were never released? (Quest with the large black powder China motors as well as several other announcements comes to mind) Where is the 8 page negative review of this???
I really just don't understand. People all over the place are bringing up why his product wont work. Without having seen it or reviewed it. WHY?? Is that what we do with new products? Explain why it cannot possibly work before it is released and we know anything about it? I'm sure the answer here is that we have asked him questions and we get no answers. Since when does a first announcement for a new product contain all the answers? Thats what this is A FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT. Like any manufacturer as the product is developed and released the answers will be forthcoming. When has it been any other way?
On a personal note (and heres where the thread deletion comes) I notice that a lot of the people that have negative responses to this announcement make sure to mention their Tripoli number and Cert level in their response. Just remember
Nailed it !

How about we ALL take a chill pill and wait. One of two things will happen: we get single use motors in the larger ranges at half (roughly) price or this is vaporware and we continue to use our present manufacturers. Not a tough issue to solve, JUST WAIT! Yeah I was shouting, I really don't know why some people need to take this to one extreme or the other. I am out of this "discussion". Have a nice day, although some of you seem to be really intent on NOT having one.

How about we ALL take a chill pill and wait. One of two things will happen: we get single use motors in the larger ranges at half (roughly) price or this is vaporware and we continue to use our present manufacturers. Not a tough issue to solve, JUST WAIT! Yeah I was shouting, I really don't know why some people need to take this to one extreme or the other. I am out of this "discussion". Have a nice day, although some of you seem to be really intent on NOT having one.

I would love for this thread to be about specs, prices, assembly instructions, and test fire videos rather than safety Nazis and who is or is not afraid of their own shadows. Let’s hope it becomes that thread after a few pages of train wreck.

I have no skin in the game as I'm not certified for HPR (yet), so this is a simple observation . I tend to buy products from companies that treat their customers (current or potential) with respect. In looking back to the start of this thread the respect factor from the potential vendor seems lacking. When I get my L1 cert later in the spring I'll absolutely spend my $$ with a vendor that has the right product and the right attitude. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back