Hello from Arizona (working on a folding fin rocket)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RednekRoketin

Reaction score
Hello Rocketry Fórum my name is Jackson and I'm coming from Arizona. I've been into rocketry for a few years now and wanted to join this form to get new ideas for my projects as well as share some of the things I've been working on. My current project is trying to improve upon my rocket in a can idea. Basically it's a little model rocket with folding fins that fits into a 2" PVC pipe. I also rigged up an ignition system that runs off of two 9v battery's and let's me ignite the motor via Bluetooth. It's kind of a neat application of a lot of the things I've learned in school as well as a way to practice using fusion 360 and coding.

Attachments

• IMG_20230319_214702983_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230319_214702983_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230319_214922381_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230319_214922381_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • VID_20230308_181333617~2.mp4
    18.6 MB
Ive been calling it Rocket in a Can. Once I finish the bipod design and make an updated version of the launch tube I plan on painting it like a soda can. The idea is you can just set it down and launch right away.

No I hadn't seen it. I'll have to look that stuff through some more. This one I made uses just a C6-5 Estes motor but I do what to scale up someday. Thanks for sending in the link.

Welcome to the forum! That does sound cool! Would love to see the video of the launch someday.
I'm going to try and make a video on it this weekend but it depends on if I get the new housing done by then. I'll put the link in this thread when I do get it done.

Back