Hello from a new guy!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Don Cannon from Edmonds, WA. I've been flying Estes and Centuri model rockets since I started in Illinois when I was 12 years old. Last summer my son from Utah showed me YouTube videos from the Bonneville Salt Flats and we both immediately became hooked on high power rocketry. I built an SBR 3" Fusion to take to LDRS 39, and we brought my son, Jim's, PMI Tethys that we built together in 1997. Things being what they were in 1997, we couldn't finish the Tethys at the time, but Jim found encouragement from some members of a CO club last summer and we launched that sucker. I love the craft of building rockets -- and love building the big ones much more. My goal is to launch a rocket over 50,000 feet someday, and am working toward earning my L3 Certification so I can get the combination of rocket and engine that'll accomplish that goal. I'm currently wearing out a special $14.99 Cherokee-E that I've configured to carry my RRC3 and have shot it up many, many times to test and develop my dual deploy and tracking skills. Each time I launch it the cost is one D12 or E12 engine and a couple of ignitors. I think and hope that I'm doing and learning enough to impress somebody at an upcoming HPR launch to consider administering my L3 effort. My favorite launch sites so far are the Sod Farm produced by the Tri-Cities Rocketry club and Frank Hunt Field, a gift to the people of Utah from UROC. It's nice to be in the Rocketry Forum!

If you have been to the TCR Sod Farm then I can almost guaruntee we have met at some point, welcome to the forum.

Greetings, Don... Welcome to the group! I am a fellow resident of Edmonds/Lynnwood, and live in the Meadowdale area.

Im not too active in rocketry at the moment due to my job keeping on the road 20 days a month, but I used to be a regular at the Sod Farm until I took this job in 2019. I should be at Sod Blaster in October, though!
Sounds good! I have a friend who I met on the flight line at LDRS39 just before our rockets flew back-to-back. Turns out he lives a couple of blocks south of Sherwood Elementary and I live a couple of blocks north of it. He'll most likely be at the Sod Blaster, too.

Back