Hello everyone, let me introduce myself.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruzsergio

Reaction score
Hello everyone, let me introduce myself my name is Sergio Cruz
I joined the forum about a few months ago but I never used it until now so I'm sorta kinda new.
I'm a college freshman who wants to do something in the Aviation & Aerospace industry but is undecided on what.
I like to build scale models but I have a tight budget since i'm looking for a job :sigh:
I run rocket club down here in Homestead FL that is uncharted at the moment (I need more NAR members).
Its great to meet more Rocketeers :)

Hi Sergio- Welcome to TRF and all the fun and antics we have up our sleeves. I spent a month in Homestead for a week. Don't miss the humidity or bugs. Come on in, we'll flip on the A/C and I'll get you a cold one.

Hahaha, its gets real hot here in the summer, this time it was around the 95 but it felt like 103 , but when the temperature drops to 60ish we're getting cold.
Its great to talk about rockets here most of Homestead don't seem interested.

Hi Sergio.

You should come up to the NARBARS launch in Broward County some time. Pretty active group. Well run and friendly. Great people. We'd love to have you!

I alternate between that launch and the HPR TRA launches up in LaBelle.

I'll be at NARBARS Sat 12/1 assuming appropriate weather.

Simon

Hahaha, its gets real hot here in the summer, this time it was around the 95 but it felt like 103 , but when the temperature drops to 60ish we're getting cold.
Its great to talk about rockets here most of Homestead don't seem interested.

Hi there :) Well, as far as people not being interested I think we're a very small hobby as far as hobbies go. I mean compaired to most. I'd bet there's more Barbie doll collectors than there are people flying them ;)

Welcome. Just stay away from the military side. Funding is getting pretty scarce.

When I see these titles, I'm always reminded of Austin Powers: "Allow myself to introduce .................... myself"
One of the best movie lines.
Anywho, welcome to the wackiness we call TRF!

Adrian

Welcome to TRF! :)

Since you've been here for a while you pretty much know how we operate... ...just don't tell anyone. LOL

I would love to go visit you guys in Broward but I would find a mode of transportation, I go my neighbor interested in rocketry he is a BAR now.
I have been thinking of joining the military but right after I get bachelors degree and do 4 years of ROTC.
Here's a link to an article that the local newspaper wrote about us.
https://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/17/2899456/in-age-of-xbox-some-hobbyists.html

And yet another Welcome. Always good to hear from other rocketeers.

Latest posts

Back