heli-roc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corpse

Reaction score
this is my next prodject
the heli-roc by Apogee

after i get THE EXECUTIONER built

You can only attach one pic per post.

The only way to make multiple pictures available is to put them up on a web site somewhere, and then post a link to that web site.

just started the heli-rocket today
lots of small parts!
but looks like a lot of fun.

Originally posted by corpse
just started the heli-rocket today
lots of small parts!
but looks like a lot of fun.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this kit a competition based design?

Looks cool either way. I personally think there isn't enough variety when it comes to optional non-chute/streamer recovery rockets out there. I'm hoping FlisKits adds a helicopter or glide recovery rocket soon! :D

just got a message saying
user has to wait 30 sec before you can post after a post

sorry for being to fast.:D

flys like a dream.
went up straight and come down spinning like a top.
made me wish i had more 13 mm motor with me.

I brought, and built, one of these at IRW 2004. Unfortunatly, the elements were against me, and I didn't get to launch it there. Well...today was my first day off, since IRW, the sun was shining, next to no wind; so I went out to launch her.

1st launch on a 1/2A3-2: not very high, but enough to assure me that the cotton will burn through, and the blades will rotate.

2nd & 3rd flights on A3-4Ts: both flights the rocket came down 'upside-down'. It rotated very well, and had a soft landing both times, but it descended inverted.

I may try A3-2Ts, next time, so the nose is pointing up at ejection. The A3-4Ts ejected after appogee, so the nose was down.

Good kit though - worth playing with to 'optimise'.

I've had a lot of fun with mine, has made a bunch of flights. Warning tho, if you have alot of wind she will go a pretty good distance before she lands. I really enjoy this one!!

CrashinJ

Helicopter recovery models are a blast, Of all the standard duration competition models Helicopter duration is my favorite. 1/8a thur G "Rotaroc's" (Of coarse I have a micro maxx HD) have been very rewarding. Corpse now you should give a free spinning head (Rose A Roc) after Art Rose the inventor, type a try.. then you can try flop rotor, internal rotor and combinations of the three... Lots of fun, variety and complexity.

Weight is a major enemy of helicopters, I wouldn't suggest painting your H/D Magic makers are ok but NO paint or clearcoaings. a 50/50 clear single coat brushed on wash is OK on rotors but shouldn't be applied more than once.

Helicopters command a lot of attention at demos getting lots of Oo's and Aah's..'...Great fun flyers.

Back