Headed to the Land of Cheese and real pot bunkers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Last minute decision to head up I-94 to the Land of Cheese and to take in a few practice rounds in preparation for the US Open at Erin Hills. Looking forward to taking it all in, especially the course which is, by all accounts, one of the most striking and natural designs, ever built.

Not the pot I was thinking of. I was thinking you were on a new pain med for the bionic joints... :wink:

Good to hear you're walking about. (Or are you power golfing?)

Welcome to Wisconsin. I am firmly planted behind the cheddar curtain.

Made it to my hotel in a quaint little town. Enjoying a Spotted Cow now in the Irish Bar conveniently located adjacent to the lobby.

Good to hear you're walking about. (Or are you power golfing?)

Yes, still on cane after (third) joint operation 2-1/2 weeks ago. Doctor had to shave/shape six bone areas including inside of knee cap and fix two "very large" miniscus tears best he could. Given as bad as it was, wish he would've just replaced it.

At least on my iPad, the title of this thread get cut off, so it reads:[h=2]Headed to the Land of Cheese and real pot[/h]
Enjoy the good stuff!

At least on my iPad, the title of this thread get cut off, so it reads:[h=2]Headed to the Land of Cheese and real pot[/h]
Enjoy the good stuff!

Well this does seem like a hippie town, but no, talking pot bunkers... And when I say real, the course architects attempted to preserve the natural glacial sinkholes and undulations as much as possible on this course.

1497229484715.jpg

Last edited:
Well this does seem like a hippie town, but no, talking pot bunkers... And when I say real, the course architects attempted to preserve the natural glacial sinkholes and undulations as much as possible on this course.

I don't golf, but it looks like if your ball ends up in one of those bunkers, you might as well have some cheese and smoke some pot, because you might be there awhile. Have a good trip.

Interesting looking course. From the satellite view It seems very open, I don't see any trees or water. That could make viewing easier. To bad Phil isn't going to be there

Back