Head-End Ignition for Airstarts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sorry, Scott; I don’t know what your proposal said or what the discussion entailed that denied it. That was two or three years before I was elected.
It should be no surprise that we don’t bring internal business to a forum that’s public. The flyer’s meeting at BALLS would have been limited to some degree and was our first step in announcing the evaluation process. Based on advice from TAPs and Prefects at BALLS we tweaked it before putting it out to the Prefects and TAPs on the TRA Forum. Frankly my memory is pretty fuzzy but we didn’t receive any reports that I recall. I don’t think the RCS system went to full production. Like your system it was limited to research also until data would be collected.
If you want to pursue this you might want to read the process for inclusion in the Research Safety Code, but without knowing why your proposal was denied previously I would not be able to offer any real encouragement.
I can tell you that we would have been looking for a justification based on safety, clear instructions, ease of use, and complete adherence to our existing safety codes. We would probably not be open to something that required a rule change or relaxation.

Back