Hazzard for seniors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I thought l had to pass this on to save someone what I went through. After a 4 week stay in a VA hospital I am back home once again

The "anti slip mat" the one that has the suction cups on 1 side is not really slip proof. ! I had 1 foot in shower on the mat and the other one out on the floor As I picked up the floor foot the mat slid back and dumped me in the shower. A bruised Left leg/groin local and some "bark" torn off the lower left leg I consider myself lucky Nothing broken or cracked.
Being 63 this was a wake up call for me.

One of these days I hope to get to conduct the first flights of the 4 Black Brants I documented over in the scratch building section :)

I thought l had to pass this on to save someone what I went through. After a 4 week stay in a VA hospital I am back home once again

The "anti slip mat" the one that has the suction cups on 1 side is not really slip proof. ! I had 1 foot in shower on the mat and the other one out on the floor As I picked up the floor foot the mat slid back and dumped me in the shower. A bruised Left leg/groin local and some "bark" torn off the lower left leg I consider myself lucky Nothing broken or cracked.
Being 63 this was a wake up call for me.

One of these days I hope to get to conduct the first flights of the 4 Black Brants I documented over in the scratch building section :)
Glad you made it! None of us bounce as easily as we used to.

l had to pass this on to save someone what I went through.
Thanks. Glad you survived as okay as you did. :eek:
Fortunately this apartment's fiberglass tub/shower thing has enough of a textured bottom that it is not necessary to use one of those mats.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

We had a house built 6 years ago and we had grab bars installed in the bathtubs and showers and I always use them. Just not worth taking a chance of slipping.

Back