Hawk Mountain

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kclo4

Reaction score
After the Radarrow hobbies fiasco, I want to make another parts order.

Was looking at some stuff from Hawk Mountain, as they were a vendor site I was familiar with from many years ago like RAH. Like RAH their site is old school and not sure how up to date it is.

How are they doing these days?

I ordered from them in November of last year. Alan was very responsive, but it wouldn't hurt to send a quick email first.

Best quality and most complete FG kits available.

+1
Alan's FWFG airframes are the best out there.
Excellent products & excellent service

Cool beans. Good to know. Thanks.
His airframes seem to be among the least expensive too, good to know they are nice. Going to collect some parts for a 54mm fast mover.

Anybody think his airframes would not be able to take the Loki 54mm M?

I have seen his air frames give way (several years ago) on a very violent M - was a 3" MD as I recall. Alan was flying it himself.

My scratch built Garage Sale rocket and Red Alert nite launch rocket both have Hawk Mtn tubes - very nice stuff .

I placed a small order recently for Kevlar strap and Acme rail guides and got it fairly quick .. great service.

Kenny

Last edited:
Cool beans. Good to know. Thanks.
His airframes seem to be among the least expensive too, good to know they are nice. Going to collect some parts for a 54mm fast mover.

Anybody think his airframes would not be able to take the Loki 54mm M?

Most often it's not the airframe itself. Excluding Cato's it's more often builder issues, improper adhesives, and general design flaws that cause most failures on the up part.

That said, I wouldn't recommend putting Loki's M in a plain Loc paper tube either.

I've beaten the snot out HM tubes on both the up & down aspects with zero issues, outside of the old G-10 convolute wound tubes, HM airframes are the best out there IMHO.

hawk mountain may have an old school website but he has first class materials. his tubes are much higher quality than found elsewhere. insides are smooth and without the usual taper- important to me as i use his tubes for sealed avionics bays (O rings precision fit to diameter) He is also responsive to special requests. I have nothing but praise for Hawk Mountain having purchased from him numerous times.

Back