• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Hawk Mountain Proteus Built + Extras (Upstate NY)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
It's time for me to admit that I have things in my rocketry collection that I just won't ever use again. My boys are now 4 and 2 and my rocketry focus with them has been pretty minimal thus far. Once it picks back up I will pursue the smaller end of the hobby with them as it's significantly more child friendly and inclusive.

That considered, we start at the top and slowly work our way down. What we have available here is a built Hawk Mountain Proteus kit (Hawk Mountain Website Listing is here). OEM Specs are as follows:

Diameter: 6"
Length: 132" (11 feet)
Weight: 640 oz. (40 lbs)
Fins: 3
Fin Thickness: 0.1875"
Motor Mount: 98mm

Here's what all is included in my lot:

Built Proteus, slightly shortened (~6") when I modified the av-bay design
Skyangle XXL Parachute
Skyangle XXL Deployment Bag
Skyangle C3 Drogue
Additive Aerospace 3D Printed Camera Shroud
50' x 5/8" Kevlar Cord
30' x 5/8" Kevlar Cord
AeroPack 98-76mm Adapter
98-10,000 (4G) EX Motor (all components fired twice)
98mm Liner/Casting Tube
Extra 98mm Bulkhead (fired)
Extra 98mm nozzle (small throat, unfired)

I figure all of this stuff is worth over $2,000 new. I take pretty good care of my stuff, but it's definitely used. Therefore, let's shoot for $1,200. I'm located in Upstate NY and would consider driving some distance to meet you for the sale if you toss in a couple cans of local beer :)

PM with interest and for more information and pics!

Here's a few videos of the rocket flying on the 98-10,000 included in this lot:

M2225 Plain Jane:

M2380 White:

Attachments

• Proteus.jpg
    Proteus.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Proteus Flight.jpg
    Proteus Flight.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 180
Rocket and recovery items are still available for sale, motor and extra internals are sold. I am planning to attend the April URRG launch in Potter.

Open to offers!

Since your initial listing did not mention that you would be "parting out" the group of items for sale, you should "edit" the list and give an item by item price quote.

Obviously, "shooting for $1200" isn't happening, anymore.

Back