Hawk, MIM-23 Hawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw this thread I went looking for any availability of these kits. Sadly the 38mm version is the only one LOC is still making. MadCow doesn't sell their 2.6" version anymore either.

Hi Zeta,

That was a PoleCat 5.5" tailcone. The kit was changed up a bit and I also flew it with the Loc 5.5 long nosecone in the first pic posted (post #2) on an AT K-550W which didn't need 5 lbs in the nose to be stable. Below is a pic of it on a smokey K with a more scale nosecone back at MWP-6.

armyhawk.jpg

Last edited:
I think the attached 15 year old rkt file of my 5.5" diameter build will help you out.

What size were you thinking of building?

Attachments

• phil'shawk.rkt
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
I might start with a 3", will probably want a good sized chute to protect those fins...
I have been flying a drogue and chute release lately and love it for nose deploy or single charge deploy what ever you call it, but back end deploy be pretty cool ... imagine watch that come in nose down on a small drogue

Here's a pic of Madcow's 2.6" with a 1 grain sparky in it.

2.6 HAWK CROP.jpg

I put the electronics in the nose keeping it simple, you can see the key switch at the base of the cone.

Loc has the rkt file of the 3" on their website

Back