Having fun.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PharmrJohn

Reaction score
So I have two of five rockets built and two on the workbench. One is a rather small and unassuming (albeit interesting finwork) Lvl 1 called the Crossbow SST. The other is an old vintage Astrocam 110. Putting together the camera unit now. I put one of these together 30 years ago and lemme tell ya....I am trippin' on back to places I've been to man. It is faaaaaar out. Back to it!!!!

So I have two of five rockets built and two on the workbench. One is a rather small and unassuming (albeit interesting finwork) Lvl 1 called the Crossbow SST. The other is an old vintage Astrocam 110. Putting together the camera unit now. I put one of these together 30 years ago and lemme tell ya....I am trippin' on back to places I've been to man. It is faaaaaar out. Back to it!!!!

Cool! This vintage Astrocam-- is it really VINTAGE?? I built one too back in the day... still have the camera but the rocket was toast LONG ago... flew the A-110 on a "D" powered Maniac for some cool pix...

Just wondering, because ya know that A-110 would probably have been a collectors item if it were new-in-box. You can get the 'Snapshot' cheap because they've been discontinued, but there's still a bunch around because it hasn't been that long ago that they were canned. $20 will get you one fairly easy. No, you don't build the camera, that's true, but if you plan on flying it...

BTW... if you ARE flying it... where you gonna get 110 film??? It's pretty much GONE around here... I dunno if they even make it anymore. Last time I was in the local camera shop, THEY didn't even have 110 film anymore, and that's been over a year ago (not too long before they went broke!).

Just curious... have a blast! OL JR :)

Kodak 110 film:

Ebay, Amazon and lots of other sites. It's still available.

Back