Have Idea, need help with design.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a idea for a new rocket but dont know where to start. Im looking for someone who can help me with the design and build of this idea of mine.

Dan

You've got to start somewhere...

Maybe start small, like with a sub-assembly. Or compare it to an existing design that we can refer to.

HTH,

You see, I dont really want to release what it is untill I figure out if it will work or not. I think its a cool new design but then again I havent seen everything. Im more into finding someone who will help me one on one (as much as you can over the internet) with help on this.

Dan

Be warned, I have no real experience in these things, but hey, maybe I can contribute something somehow and learn at the same time.

Greg

Without giving away the 'surprise' that you are trying to preserve, can you tell us if your question involves low power? mid power? high power?
Are you unsure about configuration/stability? or about motor installation? Is there a multi-stage problem/question?
If you give us a teeny bit to work with here, I'll bet you will get lots of help

It will be low power, No chute or streamer, Kinda like a copter recovery.

Dan

So, can you phrase your question without giving away the top secret stuff?

Some examples of what other people have done with helicopter-like recovery:

Estes Skywinder, where the blades are attached at the rear.
Alternative layout with the blades attached at the front.
Monocopter
Scroton - scary three-blade copter.

looks freakin' scary taking off!

and that's with ALL 3 of the motors igniting...:eek:

It was particularly scary on its first flight because it went from a standard length launch rod. Actually, that's not true. It didn't exactly go from the launch rod, it took the launch rod along with it! Subsequent flights were made using a much shorter rod.

But if you think it looked scary with three motors, see what happened when more were added...

Back