Has THIS ever happened to you? Will it ever happen to you?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graylensman

Reaction score
Rummaging through the drawer that holds rocketry odds and ends, parts, tubes, etc. My eye caught sight of something, that spurred a thought... a quick trip to JimZ's site... measure some spare body tubes- just the right length!... cut some balsa... and

VIOLA!!! another rocket for the fleet!

And this one wasn't even on my to-clone list. :rolleyes:

Pretty Neat Greylenman!
Haven't thought of that model in years. Exactly what bit of balsa, canopy or nose cone sparked your interest? Yea! it happens all the time...working on one thing, spy something off the wall and OU! off on another tangent;)

Nice rocket.
Happens to me way to often. I'll be working on a few rockets and know exactly what I want to do next, and then an idea pops into my head, and the next thing I know I'm building a rocket I haven't even thought about before.
But, aint it fun? :D

Tim

Originally posted by graylensman
Rummaging through the drawer that holds rocketry odds and ends, parts, tubes, etc. My eye caught sight of something, that spurred a thought... a quick trip to JimZ's site... measure some spare body tubes- just the right length!... cut some balsa... and

VIOLA!!! another rocket for the fleet!

And this one wasn't even on my to-clone list. :rolleyes:
YOW! Gotta do one! Gotta do an upscale! I had an original so many years ago but never flew it...want one desperately...more details on the nose cone, please!

I was given an Estes Blackbird kit for Christmas a couple of years ago... after I had received and built the one I got for birthday. Some of the body tubes had been incorporated into my Alway Vostok scratch build. So I had the plastic ramjet nozzles lying around. Seeing those spurred my memory.

I've dubbed it a "Mark II" because of the nose - not only the ramjet configuration, but I think my nose is overall longer than the original - but also, I uprated the powerplant: it'll take an 18mm motor as opposed to the original 13mm.

Back