Has anyone used AeroDRAG before???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL-P

Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing AerDRAG and would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this product/company.

Thanks in advance!!!

I have this program, and like it.

AeroDrag, seems like a highly improved version of wRASP. It's not as design intense as RockSim or Space CAD but it does some really great calculations. This program will calculate the drag coefficient of regular designs (with up to 3 sets of 3, 4, 6, or 8 fins) and tube finned and ring finned designs. It also does flight simualtion and a semi-manual optimal mass calculation. You can generate thrust curves manually or edit the ones already in the motor list. The program also does open-nose or ramjet style nose cone simulations. At a price of $30.00 it provides an advanced coefficient of drag calculations and basic flight simulation program that could be used in conjuction with a stability prediction program like AeroCP ($10.00). Its fairly straight forward software to use; be sure to read over the instructions under the help menus.

I also have a lot of respect for AeroRocket. You can pay for the software online and can download it almost immediately.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

I definitely prefer free programs and have used AeroLAB. It's a very good program but it is hard to integrate the Cd data into wRASP.

AeroDRAG seems to be the best and is low cost. And, unlike AeroLAB, it has been tested for accuracy.

I'm trying to find the Extreme Rocketry review of it.

I just got it.

It's great in some areas but not so great in others.

I would've preferred a view of what the rocket looks like. The help file also needs to be improved with maybe some more theory.

I like the quick drag calc and the continuous drag changing in the flight simulation. I also like the easy to use graphing charts.

3 out of 4 stars.

Back