Has anyone tried this...?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_Power004

Reaction score
You know those little plastic army men paratroopers with the plastic parachute? Has anyone ever put that in a rocket so that the ejection charge sends him flyin' for the ride of his life? (I know, I'm a dork) :D

Estes also did one with soldiers not long ago. However, I have to agree that the Thrustline's aliens are way cooler.

Terri

i've done that a couple of times, in my Estes Tidal wave and other rockets. if you have little kids around they like to try'n catch them:)
if we go down to the boardwalk in the summer i usually play a few games in the arcades and pick up some more of those little guys, their fun and it doesn’t matter much if they drift away;)

Originally posted by Max_Power004
You know those little plastic army men paratroopers with the plastic parachute? Has anyone ever put that in a rocket so that the ejection charge sends him flyin' for the ride of his life? (I know, I'm a dork) :D

Max_power004:
I have to admit I do it, just about every year. I have 8 or 10 of the tiny paratroopers from the dollar store and a "launchpad Mcquack that I've altered slightly to fit in a super big bertha. I usually have small give away models or something for the kids at the April or May spring launch, if they return a paratrooper and/or old Launchpad himself:) Hope to do it again this April, since the club has picked up a new group of A divisioners, through the cadet program:)

I really like these guys. I put about 3 or 4 in a cupcake cup just above the chute when I'm packing it. NEAT!! Watch out for the high grass though!!

Aliens loading up for another flight (Notice parachute packs on back)
Aliens boarding ATM

Back