EVENT HARA Monthly Launches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forever_Metal

JustAnotherBAR
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello ALL!

Below is our flight schedule for fall/winter 2018! Many Thanks to the Herefords for allowing us the opportunity to fly! Please see our website for the latest updates, flight status, and directions to the field!

13 October
10 November
08 December
12 January
09 February
09 March

If you're travelling close to the Huntsville AL. area, please come and join us!

As time permits I'll post flight updates and reports!

Thanks!

john

https://hararocketry.org/hara/

Flight Report for 13 Oct 2018

Since it won't let me edit... Here it is

A's - 05
B's - 04
C's - 20
D's - 04
E's - 04
F's - 01
G's - 02
H's - 06
I's - 06
J's - 03
K's - 02

Overall, a very good outing for the return to flight! And, we had spectators as well... Even better! Hope everyone had a good time, and can't wait until the next launch!

Thanks

john

Hello Everyone!

Hope this finds you doing well!

Just an FYI, our next scheduled launch is 10 November 2018 (of course, i don't get to fly...:(). Right now, weather is an issue; please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for updates. The go/nogo should be posted by Friday AM.

Thanks! Please have a good week/weekend!

john

What's the recovery like at this field? I'm thinking of trying to make it to a launch sometime next year.

Also, I noticed on your website it's called the "Jackson 5" field. Does anyone fly the motors A, B, C for flights 1, 2, 3?

What's the recovery like at this field? I'm thinking of trying to make it to a launch sometime next year.

Also, I noticed on your website it's called the "Jackson 5" field. Does anyone fly the motors A, B, C for flights 1, 2,3?

You really typed that??? OMG, you are on some good stuff my friend... :po_Oo_O:p

HARA- are you guys thinking of bringing Southern thunder back next year?

@jd2cylman- you're just jealous that you don't have as good of a sense of humor as I do :)

HARA- are you guys thinking of bringing Southern thunder back next year?

@jd2cylman- you're just jealous that you don't have as good of a sense of humor as I do :)

DJS,

Recovery during our first launch was nice (@ Butler Mill RD). Plenty of open space at both locations though (6000' diameter). Just wish I wasn't out of town for all the fun; my wife's bird is sitting on it's stand waiting for a flight. I thought everything was supposed to revolve around this rocket thing...

As of right now, the HARA fields are winter-only; and it's a year to year deal so far. On top of that, this is our first year at these sites, and we don't want to bombard the owners with requests for a large 3-day event, in addition to starting a new partnership with owners who have never seen these activities before. If we are able to continue at our current site, ST will certainly come up during the conversation; though it may require a date change and would still be the owner's call. We are still looking for a summer site as well!

Thanks

john

Thanks John! I only got to fly at the Manchester site twice (I don't live anywhere near you, but my parents are in m'boro). Would like to have a fun launch place to visit down there.

The December 8 launch is washed out too. November was soggy. We finally got a field and the weather cancels us. Maybe next year.

Looking forward to flying with you all again. Last October I went was a blast.

Hello Everyone (Again)!!!

I wish to pass on my many many thanks to those that attended our launch this month! The field is new to us, and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of folks who attended to participate and spectate! Though I don't have the numbers handy, we managed to attract a large crowd, and launch a large variety of rockets; including L1's and an L3 attempt that unfortunately will require a full rebuild. After talking with the builder, they are already working a new design! Good Luck!!

So, March 9th is our last scheduled launch of our season. Weather (as is always the case), will probably play a role in getting the launch finished. Please check our website *https://hararocketry.org/hara/*, and our facebook page. If possible, will also get updates on this thread if I can get timely access to it!

Thanks Again, and we'll see you on March 7th for the meeting (USSRC ERC), and March 9th for the flight!

/r
john

Due to weather over the past week and heavy rainfall yesterday, the Jackson 5 and Butler Mill fields won't support a launch this weekend.

We will investigate potential for an April launch, but that is entirely dependent on our landowner's crop schedule.

Be sure to check the website and facebook pages for event details over the year!
https://www.facebook.com/HARA-Rocketry-182522918458853/

Keep flying!
~A

Looks like mother nature has taken another swipe at us for Mar 16th. Not because of the rain coming, but because of the rain that's passed.

For those that want to get a flight in, looks like Bluegrass Rocket Society is still a go this weekend up in Ky. Please see their website for up to date launch status!

Until our next meeting!

john

For those that missed out on Sod farm launch in Kentucky do not fret. The winds were horrid today and many rockets drifted way off range. LOL. Not a cloud in the sky but horrid winds aloft.

Hello ALL!

Hope this msg finds you doing well... and ready for some more flying!

Just in case you were not at the meeting last night at USSRC (1st Thursday of the month, please see website for details!!), we have been given another opportunity to fly!!! I know right?!? We are holding our field pick until next week, so we have time to check field conditions after the weather rolls in this coming week. As with everything, weather will be a factor; but as long as Mother Nature agrees with the date, we will have a flight!

Please see our website and facebook page for up to date status. Once a decision is made, the website and facebook will be updated with the latest and greatest, so please keep an eye on https://hararocketry.org/hara/ !

Thanks for your patience!

john

Howdy All!

Greetings from Rochester MN (been traveling a bit...)! We have good news (sorry so late)... The Hereford family has graciously allowed us to come back and use their fields for the Fall 2019 flying season! I know, winter-time flying.. But hey, at least we're able! Over the coming days/week we'll be releasing a tentative schedule (pending landowner approval). We'll be following (closely) a 2nd Sat of the month schedule starting in Oct (pending CoA approval); though there may be an exception or two. Please check our website and facebook page for up to date info!

See you all soon!

john

See notice below, we've made the call to postpone to October 19th.

Per previous communication, Chris Short should still be available as vendor on the 19th (will confirm)

Hope to see folks out there in a week!
~A

72488318_2769159329795186_978113449441624064_n.png

In case anyone is wondering, this will be a Research Launch. We will be following TRA Research rules. As always, NAR flyers are welcome. We're still waiting for our FAA authorization, but we hope to have it in place by the 19th.

See notice below, we've made the call to postpone to October 19th.

Per previous communication, Chris Short should still be available as vendor on the 19th (will confirm)

Hope to see folks out there in a week!
~A

72488318_2769159329795186_978113449441624064_n.png

Update!

FAA has approved our flying season, and weather is moderately acceptable, so we are go for launch tomorrow.

Window is 10-4, flights restricted to 10,800' (could change per Prefect discretion based on conditions)

We will be flying at the Jackson 5 field in Woodville - for location and more details, see https://hararocketry.org/hara/high-power-launches/

Back