Happy Thanksgiving

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
To the users of Rocketry Forum that are from the US: Happy Thanksgiving!

As you sit down to gorge yourself on Turkey and the fixin's. I will be giving thanks with family and friends, and I hope you're able to do the same. Have a safe, fun, and restful holiday!

I will (hopefully) enjoy a nice meal and give thanks with my work family tomorrow. I hope everyone else who is away from their families this year can make the best of it and enjoy the company you do have. We will get to have a nice meal and family time with my Wife's side of the family on Sunday.

Travelling in WV. This has the best pepperoni roll ever made.

Colesesano's Italian Restarant - Fairmont, WV
pepperoni roll.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving indeed !!! Gonna brew a pot of coffee and set the DVR to record some football !!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I am going to Teddy's for dinner, his wife is an amazing cook

Hahaha,,
Comon Jerry,,
Come down here,,
bring your whole clan, we're having a houseful anyway, another dozen won't matter,, lol..
And we're doing the cookin together..
We've got some really great recipes if anybody needs some new ideas..

A great, wonderful Thanksgiving to all..
Be safe, and have a fantastic time laughing and loving with all the important people in your life..

Teddy

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
May you all have enough to eat!
Thanks to the all Hero's, past and present, that makes this day possible.

We were up early.
I cut up many veggies to stuff the turkey and it's in the oven.
Baked potato's, Candy Yams, Beats, Corn, Stuffing, Salad and Rice.
Nap time promptly at 5pm...

I'd be interested in a real "go to" fabulous cake recipe.

What kind of cake? We have a killer molasses cake/gingerbread recipe from an old cookbook ("A collection of recipes as sound as the USA"), plus a good chocolate cake recipe from a Trader Joe's cocoa powder package. The chocolate one makes 2 cakes, with no way to make half a recipe, so it's a lot of cake. Don't throw me in that there briar patch, I say. :)

We're the vegetarians at Thanksgiving, so we're bringing scratch-built quiche. Some years it sells better than the turkey. :p

What kind of cake? ..... plus a good chocolate cake recipe from a Trader Joe's cocoa powder package. The chocolate one makes 2 cakes, with no way to make half a recipe, so it's a lot of cake. Don't throw me in that there briar patch, I say. :)

We're the vegetarians at Thanksgiving, so we're bringing scratch-built quiche. Some years it sells better than the turkey. :p
I know how to bust a recipe down. Never met one I couldn't. You can PM me on that chocolate cake recipe if you like. I think you can send attachments there also. Love to make my own quiche too.

I'd be interested in a real "go to" fabulous cake recipe.

Nope,, sorry Gary,,
I've got side dish recipes, brine recipes, turkey fry recipes, all that are proven..
But desserts we generally just get from a local bakery or something like that..

Strange, Sandy told me it was a private event. Happy thanksgiving to my American friends.

Ha,,
no way Pit,,
she'd have told you for sure bring your wife and kids in an instant,, lol..
I sure hope you have a big dinner too Mike..
It's just a great evening with a fantastic meal and all of your family and friends..
Laughter is the most important ingredient..

Teddy

Any leftovers ?

We're out, I'll send the kids down to help you get rid of the leftovers.

I know how to bust a recipe down. Never met one I couldn't. You can PM me on that chocolate cake recipe if you like. I think you can send attachments there also. Love to make my own quiche too.

PM sent. If you can break it down, I salute you, sir. Also, everyone knows that bought quiche is fraught quiche.

Any leftovers ?

We're out, I'll send the kids down to help you get rid of the leftovers.

Ha,,
How are you Steve...
I sure hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving..
I didn't think there'd be any left overs at your house..
If you do the math,
I thought you had to cook a 200 lb pterodactyls,, lol..

( was that a hard one to spell,, lol )

How is everybody Steve ?
By now you must have at least one out of the 3 boys getting past the point
where there trying to eat you out of house and home,, lol..

Teddy

Ha,,
How are you Steve...
I sure hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving..
I didn't think there'd be any left overs at your house..
If you do the math,
I thought you had to cook a 200 lb pterodactyls,, lol..

( was that a hard one to spell,, lol )

How is everybody Steve ?
By now you must have at least one out of the 3 boys getting past the point
where there trying to eat you out of house and home,, lol..

Teddy

Actually the food bill has been cut 2/3's Mike and Andrew are now living outside of Boston.
Mike graduated in May from UMASS and got a finance job in Quincy. He brought Andrew along to share the rent.

Chris is now a senior and has been accepted to DeSales University in Allentown PA. As long as they give him money that is were he wants to go, otherwise he'll go to County College for 2 years.

Looks like this time next year we maybe empty nesters.

I think I made 1 launch at Metro this year and that was it. Chris had over 30 colleges looking at him to play lacrosse. We spent most of the summer doing lacrosse tournaments and that went right into football. He did make the Morris/Sussex county football player of the week during week 3, unfortunately he was hurt and out the next 3 games and that probably hurt his chance of getting All State honors.

Actually the food bill has been cut 2/3's Mike and Andrew are now living outside of Boston.
Mike graduated in May from UMASS and got a finance job in Quincy. He brought Andrew along to share the rent.

Chris is now a senior and has been accepted to DeSales University in Allentown PA. As long as they give him money that is were he wants to go, otherwise he'll go to County College for 2 years.

Looks like this time next year we maybe empty nesters.

I think I made 1 launch at Metro this year and that was it. Chris had over 30 colleges looking at him to play lacrosse. We spent most of the summer doing lacrosse tournaments and that went right into football. He did make the Morris/Sussex county football player of the week during week 3, unfortunately he was hurt and out the next 3 games and that probably hurt his chance of getting All State honors.

Absolutely unbelievable Steve..
How is this possible..
Where did the time go..
How could that much time have gone by..
I sure am happy to hear the boys ( oops, men now, lol ) are all doing so well..
Wow,, empty nesters,, what a concept huh,,
it may take a bit of adjustment but I'm certain you and Mari will come to love it..
Doing whatever you guy's want,, whenever you want,, lol..
Just another super cool, wonderful era to begin..

Good for you Steve..

Teddy

Back