Happy Thanksgiving!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
Rockwell-freedom-from-want-2fl28wn.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving Day already here in China. While the Chinese don't actually celebrate it, my school is throwing a Thanksgiving party today.

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving Day already here in China. While the Chinese don't actually celebrate it, my school is throwing a Thanksgiving party today.

What will you eat?
And yes, nothing is a suitable answer if applicable.

My family celebrates it but instead of turkeys, we have ducks.
(I don't know what exactly it's called, I think I'd Beijing Kao Ya (Roasted Duck) , but it goes with green onions and bean curd wrapped in what's basically thicker tortillas. Have you had any?)

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for family and also especially the Constitution of the United States which allows us to have the freedoms we enjoy.

What will you eat?
And yes, nothing is a suitable answer if applicable.

My family celebrates it but instead of turkeys, we have ducks.
(I don't know what exactly it's called, I think I'd Beijing Kao Ya (Roasted Duck) , but it goes with green onions and bean curd wrapped in what's basically thicker tortillas. Have you had any?)

I dunno... Hopefully though there will be food (unlike the Halloween party).

I've had Peking duck before.

From one turkey to another-back at ya! Things look similar in my house for the Holiday, except the plates are paper, the utensils are plastic, the turkey is a cornish game hen, the table cloth has Batman printed on it from an 8-year old's birthday party, the salt and pepper shakers are cardboard, my plastic tumbler will have rum in it and the styrofoam containers are in the recycle bin outside. Things change a little over the years......
To all my TRF buddies, do what Ted says. (this has been an unauthorized TedTalk!)

Last edited:
From one turkey to another-back at ya! Things look similar in my house for the Holiday, except the plates are paper, the utensils are plastic, the turkey is a cornish game hen, the table cloth has Batman printed on it from an 8-year old's birthday party, the salt and pepper shakers are cardboard, my plastic tumbler will have rum in it and the styrofoam containers are in the recycle bin outside. Things change a little over the years......
To all my TRF buddies, do what Ted says. (this has been an unauthorized TedTalk!)

And the smiles are not in appreciation of the food or family, but of the phones hidden under the table!

I dig Rockwell!!!

Happy thanksgiving indeed to you good Sir!

Oh my, ...

May blessings be upon us all.

I had a rough go at it this year, but have found myself in a good way at the end.
I definitely have a lot to be thankful for.
May everyone have peace and goodness for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

The pies are baked, the turkey is in the brine, and I'm going to bed early as I am the primary cook around here.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hope everyone can enjoy great food, family, friends.....and maybe get some time to launch rockets!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here in Canada they celebrate it in early October(same day as Columbus Day) so being a US citizen in Canada, I get to celebrate it twice! Woohoo! I just don't get the days off...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. May you be comfortably stuffed at the end of the feast.

If you haven't cooked your bird yet, I highly recommend cooking breast-side-down. I've tried it and it's great!

If you haven't cooked your bird yet, I highly recommend cooking breast-side-down. I've tried it and it's great!

Why?

All that pressure on the breast will force the succulent juices out.

I like to use a skewer to prop the turkey up while roasting in a roasting pan, throw in a sprig of thyme, and baste the turkey in it's juices, put it in the oven, take out and let rest for as long as you cooked it. It really helps to distribute the juices throughout the turkey so you aren't left with dry string.

Back