Happy News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Well finally, after all these years of looking I think I have found the girl of my dreams. Her name is Trudy, she is a bit younger than I am (no complaints there), a children's Art Therapist (the first certified Art Therapist in Arkansas) and my daily influx of joy.
Here she is...
Troody_CallBox_5194.jpg

Troody_Shirt_5194.jpg

Happy Happy
Joy Joy

While she has her own hobbies, middle eastern dance (belly dancing), and the SCA, she takes time to share in my hobby as well. The above pictures were taken, not in the UK as the call box would suggest, (she is a big Dr. Who fan) but at an antique shop in Memphis TN that we visited after driving up recently to participate in a launch with the Mid-South Rocket Society.
Now, another reason she is my dream girl is that, if you look closely at her shirt in the second image (go ahead, you know you want to), you will see that it says, "My Boyfriend is a Rocket Scientist" with the Pemberton Technologies logo beneath.
I didn't buy her the shirt...
She took the time to look up the saying on the internet, printed it off on an iron-on transfer, and made the shirt herself. All her own idea!
All that and beautiful as well.

Am I lucky to land this one or what??

Congrats.:)

I'd love to find a girl that's into rockets.:D

Here, the dating scene is rather bleak. Most are into the whole club and bar scene and if you're not, chances are they won't want anything to do with you.

No thanks, I'll keep looking elsewhere before I stoop to that level.;)

Her name is Trudy, she is a bit younger than I am (no complaints there), an adolescent Art Therapist (the first certified Art Therapist in Arkansas) and my daily influx of joy.

I'm confused, is she an Art Therapist who works with adolescent children or is she an Art Therapist who happens to be an adolescent?

If it's the latter, how do those around you see the relationship: are you robbing the cradle or is she robbing the grave?

:D

Congratulations Layne!!! So is this the beginning of a relationship, or the beginning of something more . . . Like a Mrs. Pemberton?

Come'on spill the beans. . . .

*CORRECTION*

OK, I have to make a correction in my description of my wonderful woman.

And I quote,
"I'm not an Adolescent Art therapist, just a children's Art Therapist."

Does that answer your question Don?

Nope, no jail time for me!

:p

Dude, she looks way too nice to be hanging around with the likes of you!

:lol:

Congrats.:)

I'd love to find a girl that's into rockets.:D

Here, the dating scene is rather bleak. Most are into the whole club and bar scene and if you're not, chances are they won't want anything to do with you.

No thanks, I'll keep looking elsewhere before I stoop to that level.;)

Same here Don... I'm Rocket Nerd lonely, but not myspace, club, or bar desperate... :p

Anyway, congratulations Layne! Sounds like you've found a good, genuine person to spend valuable time with. :)

That's great news bud! I have been married to the same great lady for 25 years...I wish you the best of luck in this budding relationship.

Congratulations Layne !

I know a few folks that are into SCA
and they are just great people, thou slightly
twisted just like us 'rocket scientists'...

Looks like a good match !

FYI: Didya know that the Feds investigated
SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism) for a looooooooong
time 'cuz they thought it meant Society of Creative Anarchism....
:rolleyes:

That's fantastic, Layne!

Let us know where your guys register. You know you need a new blender!

It's all over, bloke. You're already out antiqueing. Say goodbye to all your nerd buddies, hanging your underwear over the stove to dry, and building beer can forts in your living room. Say hello to picking out curtains that match the bedcovers. :hahaha:

Questions:-

- What the heck is an Art Therapist? Does that mean Trudy is legally allowed to massage your Picasso? :dontknow:
- What is Trudy's email address? I need to pester her about pestering you about a certain giant squid migration to the Southern Hemisphere. It's possible I also have certain.. information.. she might be interested in. Something about.. goats.. :deal:

Seriously, though, I'm stoked that things are working out so well for the pair of you. Finding a woman that understands that men need hobbies other than them is awesome. :five:

It's all over, bloke. You're already out antiqueing. Say goodbye to all your nerd buddies, hanging your underwear over the stove to dry, and building beer can forts in your living room. Say hello to picking out curtains that match the bedcovers. :hahaha:

Questions:-

- What the heck is an Art Therapist? Does that mean Trudy is legally allowed to massage your Picasso? :dontknow:
- What is Trudy's email address? I need to pester her about pestering you about a certain giant squid migration to the Southern Hemisphere. It's possible I also have certain.. information.. she might be interested in. Something about.. goats.. :deal:

Seriously, though, I'm stoked that things are working out so well for the pair of you. Finding a woman that understands that men need hobbies other than them is awesome. :five:

Now to address all your congratulations, questions, accusations, innuendos, and otherwise humorous remarks.

To all:
Thank you for your good wishes and congratulations, I consider myself very lucky.

Troy:
No plans set for a Mrs. Pemberton but it isn't out of the question.

Mal:
You are right, she is too nice to be hanging around with the likes of me, and too pretty and too tall. We are a cute couple, she is 5' 11" and I am 5' 5".
:rotflol:

Susan:
Yeah, SCA folk are a bit "out-there" like us, guess that is why she and I get along so well. And I would have no problem believing that the Feds would pull such a stunt.

Dave:
A Blender, heck!
We will register at HL, Hobby Town, Red Arrow Hobbies, Semroc, Squirrel Works and a couple dozen other cool manufacturers and distributors. Send me a blender and I'll come looking to get that Bucky back.

Matt:
Art Therapy allows the children express themselves through drawings, treatment of toys, and play with parents and others. In this way the children can express deep emotional issues that they do not yet have the verbal capacity to explain. Really cool actually......

She can message my Picasso any time.

She has no need to know about the goats.
The goats never happened, and you can't prove otherwise.

Yep, she will domesticate me eventually, but till then I will continue to build underwear forts in the living room. Sorry that the squids haven't made it down your way, heck, I got a woman now! But I will see to the migration pretty soon.

If I missed anyone, well, don't take it too personally.

Beauty...Brains...Is OK with your rocket addiction, I mean hobby...Belly Dancer............I hate you.............:D

Just kidding!

All kidding aside, congrats to both of you and I hope you both will be very happy for a long time to come.

the girl of my dreams...my daily influx of joy...Happy Happy...Joy Joy...share in my hobby ...my dream girl...All that and beautiful as well...lucky...

Methinks the man is seriously smitten.

I'd love to know what she thinks of your registry list. Looks a little one sided to me.

Congratulations on finding such happiness, Layne. Enjoy this time with your sweetie. :date:

You had me rolling with that registery list. Had I known some of those stores do registeries, my birthdays and christmas' would've gone a lot better.

So, you're 5'5" and she's 5'11" eh? I guess you're going to have to buy more outfits that go with heels, huh? LOL!

You're a fortunate man Layne, never forget that. Any woman who goes out on her own to make a t-shirt supporting her man is a keeper!

I made it, it's about 3" long. I have the molds in storage, I'll have to see if I can find them.

Congratulations Layne,

Don't worry about her being younger than you... My wife is 10 years younger than I am and we have been married 24 years.

And to echo other thoughts in this thread, good ones ARE hard to find. :D

And to echo other thoughts in this thread, good ones ARE hard to find. :D

Got that right!!!;)

I'm still looking for "the one".

I've been in two different relationships, the first one ended suddenly with me being dumped for someone else. Whoa, that was literally a punch in the face that I didn't see coming.:rolleyes:

My second ended early this year which I broke off because of dishonestly.

No hurt feelings, harsh words, etc. I just quietly got up from the table and walked away.

Been on my own ever since but I've enjoyed single life so far.:)

Upon reading this thread the woman has requested I post Her replies, so here it is, straight from my Love Monki's mouth.
-------------------------------

Here's my reply you can post for your mates, without me going and registering for the forum myself.

RE: Resitery List As to registering at Hobby Lobby and other Rocketry places, I have no problem, as I know I can find plenty of art materials at Hobby Lobby I love. Just include Lowe's and Hancock Fabrics in there, and I'm golden with that registry list.

RE: Height Yes, I think I have plenty of outfits that go well with heels...or did you mean he'll need outfits to match my high heels??

RE: Goats Having seen most of his place (much is covered with weeds out back) I can pretty well verify that there are currently no goats in residence. Now in the future, I can't definitively state there won't be goats, as they make fine weed eaters, and I'm told-being a vegetarian, make good barbeque if you run out of weeds for them to eat. Additionally the comic Goats is quite good with salt and sugar.

RE: Underwear forts. No, sadly no more underwear forts in the living room. They will have to be confined to the bedroom, laundry room, or at last resort, the burn pile. However wood scrap piles, sawdust creatures, dustbunny herding, superglue fume clouds, thread octopi, and mutant sink creatures will likely continue, though facing an ongoing battle of attrition, especially as mine may eventually commingle and interbreed with his.

Layne, with the reply from her, you better go to Shane's quick and pick out the ring!!!

BTW, the heels were meant for you. :rotflol:

Layne, with the reply from her, you better go to Shane's quick and pick out the ring!!!

BTW, the heels were meant for you. :rotflol:

Who is Shane and why would I take his ring?
:p

Heels for me?
Well there was this Halloween party a long time ago.......

Back