Happy Halloween! How many people are in costume today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t dress up, but that is mostly due to being overloaded with Halloween this year.

My wife decided that we were going to do a haunted house fundraiser for our school this year. It kind of snowballed and turned into two months of working every weekend...

In the end we had 2,551 visitors and made nearly $15,000 in tickets and concessions.

On the bright side, this year our rocket club will be getting some new gear paid for by our parents’ club!

feel the need

Never felt compelled
Absolutely no insults intended here. It just seems interesting to me that some people seem to think that the only reason you would dress up on Halloween is due to a need or a compulsion. It's almost like, "That wouldn't be fun for me, so it must not be for anyone else."

Different strokes.

Absolutely no insults intended here. It just seems interesting to me that some people seem to think that the only reason you would dress up on Halloween is due to a need or a compulsion. It's almost like, "That wouldn't be fun for me, so it must not be for anyone else."

Different strokes.
I get it. It's just one of those many things where in my life it ran it's course as in "been there, done that" and now it's no longer a vital need. People do change with time and I believe that at some point we just simply like to kick our shoes off and not have to salivate when the bell rings every year. In fact, we just went to sleep last night instead of having to grab the door whenever the bell rang. It's truly enjoyable not having to respond anymore. Less stress, less worry, less hassle, no expectations, no clicks, molds or obligations. Just simple serenity which costs no one a thing. It all had it's place in our lives at one point and now onto a carefree life NOT driven by social expectations.
The fact others get off on it suits me just fine. It is fun and exciting. Is it a 'need', a 'compulsion', it might be or otherwise. Again, it's no skin off my teeth one way or another. Take it for what it's worth and run with it while you can. I don't want to 'run' any more and it's SO relaxing now.

Sorry for being obtuse. I meant to say that while plenty of adults celebrated and continue to celebrate Halloween by wearing costumes, my point was that it's relatively new (and stupid) for adults to wear costumes to work. See the response to the OP.

I think what BigRi is trying to get across is, you shouldn't be forced to wear a costume to work. I can relate to that especially if you are the type of person that would prefer NOT to.

I didn’t dress up, but that is mostly due to being overloaded with Halloween this year.

My wife decided that we were going to do a haunted house fundraiser for our school this year. It kind of snowballed and turned into two months of working every weekend...

In the end we had 2,551 visitors and made nearly $15,000 in tickets and concessions.

On the bright side, this year our rocket club will be getting some new gear paid for by our parents’ club!
2551 visitors? Was that in one night?

Sorry for being obtuse. I meant to say that while plenty of adults celebrated and continue to celebrate Halloween by wearing costumes, my point was that it's relatively new (and stupid) for adults to wear costumes to work. See the response to the OP.
No one at my workplace is forced to wear a costume. That would be wrong on all kinds of levels. But those of us who volunteer have a lot of fun with it.

Here's a handy jingle you can sing to yourself before you click the post button next time.

2551 visitors? Was that in one night?

No, over the month of October. We averaged around 300 per night with 450 as our highest. It was a lot of work but people had a great time and we raised about $15,000 for our school.

Back