Happy Halloween! How many people are in costume today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just a dork studying for a math exam. No fun for me.

You know once upon a time ,adults didn't feel the need to go to work in costumes on Halloween.....

Is there a point to this?

Once upon a Time employers issued company scrip instead of fiat currency.

Once upon a Time secretary pools took shorthand.
It's okay. Superior people are allowed to show their superiority by denigrating others. Nothing to see here.

ZkeZTH17LMq18v2A-muQUlRsJNA76iqirx4hTfq41DBNfslDLZrVGB7e2F1WCLwjN4nMg4l9CcRtZRyAMI4znIrzq6fft7wCouYsVC__OB9EZUMhZjtVH49PrKnUpdR8C8uFCSMtKwO8gr-XMWTDRwqb5qZTimepRxj7aDj2kLE2pa75wvsB7snLPcOMmsCMjCTbP52l2oLYPXRznQZCBtK1BNyzpF6yA0MsBoAFBd6NiC8Q0yONMFeXJBTauYZc0GlknIUBtZk2Z3Z87KzbvbK1dgnGCjPOryvkunRjtxmviHtLhc1rv0oaQssgOLuj6HAWDa_j3M2QmSfPT_AU_c6TsuVe5Y8vzGxSO5H3iph9V-_ClFbDHnEdxwlq49zlXKtCmLHJIpKIwMft2Apziqa8v9TIdALwnBB_US3R-zG5qA3aeJp8UPTpMDlByjmRc2vvJLtla828ZJz0qVf7bSwbmUuN74cP-LEZe_kG6WSaSt6qeqvziVJO2ognY9uOlbSy9FJPwviWCbCNYHf4vUELaSqDVTQUGZHHkfRD9w7wNyfDnw0pr08P4ASgkUvIFMT-pLx71V1TWIPmSBTOINDPpJJOlfywFukwqRVvPxax01xcnXZFsfnIBRVYlpO_F1fcbrmve0Iy6N-mcMWPqYju=w716-h954-no
psd2c8dqggjAD4EW9

Is there a point to this?

Once upon a Time employers issued company scrip instead of fiat currency.

Once upon a Time secretary pools took shorthand.
Yeah, there's a point to this. Once upon a time, kids tried to imitate adults. That was the first step to maturity. Now, as a rule, adults feel a need to imitate kids. Totally and completely ass backwards

Yeah, there's a point to this. Once upon a time, kids tried to imitate adults. That was the first step to maturity. Now, as a rule, adults feel a need to imitate kids. Totally and completely ass backwards

A lot of us have always dressed up for Halloween. It's not like rocketry, which btw, many people view as a kids hobby, we started building them as kids, life got in the way and it was retired. Until we REbarred and came back to it. My bottom line is, you're not too old to still have a little "kid" in you. If you like dressing up for H'ween?...DO IT! If you're "too old for it" then DON'T!

Balderdash! Adults have been dressing up for Halloween for centuries, but maybe your social circles go back further than that.

Balderdash! Adults have been dressing up for Halloween for centuries, but maybe your social circles go back further than that.

Technically, I think it's millenia, but who's counting? :p

I work from home, so not much point in dressing up. My wife is out of town with a sick parent, one of my kids is away at college, the other is going to a party at a friend's house, and I'm headed out to phone bank for a House race. So this will be the first time Casa del Boatgeek is dark on Halloween in 20 years. We don't even have pumpkins. :(

Never felt compelled to dress up for work around the holidays. From older neighborhoods I've lived in, some but not most would really go to town with the decor. Quite impressive but I feel it's much better for THEM to do all the work of putting up AND taking all that stuff down than for me to get stuck with it. Like having someone else's kids over, great to have around but then you shuffle them off to their parents and let THEM take care of them. The holidays have become significantly less stressful by simply rolling up the Welcome Mat as it were. How many times have I heard people wishing they were over is beyond counting. All shopping is done online and I never step foot out the door save to pick up what was delivered to my doorstep.
No crowds, no lines, no parking spots to hunt for, no traffic, no wear and tear on the cars and no gas used. Not having to deal with all this drastically reduces the amount of 'expectations', obligations and overall involvement with Pavlov's Experiment. Nothing wrong with that.

Well, I think it's fun and Bat-mite's costume is great. I work at home so I don't now but I used to dress up as a large pumpkin for Halloween back when I worked in an office building.

Not me, but my wife is a werewolf today! Most of her department dressed up, it's fun and hurts no one.

If someone gleans joy from belittling people and criticizes their interests or joy - I learned long ago that they are no one to waste time or energy with. Unfortunate to view the world that way, but not our problem eh?

Nothing 'unfortunate' in living a stress free life.

Not referring to you here.

It is unfortunate to see someone expressing themselves and insulting them. Deciding you don't want to be a part of it is totally different.

I didn't, but our dogs got dressed up to help us pass out treats tonight. Benny is the cow, and Frodo is the scary spider.IMG_20181031_183332112.jpegIMG_20181031_183258477.jpeg

Back