Happy Father's Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Okay, I'll be the first to say it . . .

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

Hope your families show you all of the love and apprecaition you deserve, for all that you've sacrificed for them. I know I'm feeling a bit of the love today. My family made me, homemade, chocolate strawberries and have prepared me my favorite breakfast; buttermilk, blueberry, white chocolate pancakes.

Now if I can just be allowed to get into my man-cave of a hobby room for the day . . .

Happy Father's day to you Akpilot. I just noticed you are in St. Peters MO. I was just there 2 weeks ago. Had a nephew graduate from Franics Powell. My brother-in-law lives in St. Charles and back yard is litteraly on the border of St. Charles and St. Peters. Small World!

Happy Father's day to you Akpilot. I just noticed you are in St. Peters MO. I was just there 2 weeks ago. Had a nephew graduate from Franics Powell. My brother-in-law lives in St. Charles and back yard is litteraly on the border of St. Charles and St. Peters. Small World!

And you didn't call or stop by? tsk-tsk-tsk

Next time you're in the area, let me know. I may even throw in a tour of the F-15, F-18, and T-45 production line. ;) That goes for everyone else as well. Ask, Bravo52.

:D Happy Father's Day to all of you today also!!! :D

Unfortunately I am working but will fire up the grill and make Kabobs when I get today at 3pm.

I did eat my Dr.Seuss "Green (food coloring) eggs and ham" breakfast my 13 yr old son made me last night to take to work. Hey! It's the thought that counts and if he wouldn't have made it for me today I wouldn't got to eat breakfast at work (Busy! To many sick kids!)

And you didn't call or stop by? tsk-tsk-tsk

Next time you're in the area, let me know. I may even throw in a tour of the F-15, F-18, and T-45 production line. ;) That goes for everyone else as well. Ask, Bravo52.

I would have loved that! Maybe next time.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads and soon-to-be dads! I hope you all enjoy your days.

We had my husband's family over yesterday so it's a nice, quiet day today. For a gift we decided on the boys taking him to see Transformers 2 and he seemed happy with that.

For Father's Day I got to spend two full days at Southern Thunder... and I got peanut butter cookies... and we're going out to dinner tonight! :D

I'm going to have to come with something massive for our anniversary next week :rolleyes:

Church this morning (although I didn't preach today) and Vacation Bible School kickoff this afternoon/evening. We're thinking of doing something later in the week for an official celebration (my nap really didn't count as a celebration).

Happy Father's day!

Got to celebrate at the SRA launch yesterday with my Father's Day present from last year, my son, can't believe he is one already. He helped push the button on my X-RV that was my other Father's day present from last year. Heat index of 111 F killed the finishing plans I had for today, but it was a great weekend, and my wife spoiled me with all kinds of good food today too.

DSCN0148.jpg
getting ready to push the button
DSCN0149.jpg
lift off
DSCN0155.jpg
"This one next Dad!"

Had a nice quiet day.

Began early packing a store for the upcoming launch then out to Sudbury around 8:30 for a wet but fun launch. We actually got over 50 models in the air! :)

Came home to a Red Sox game (we won) and a Eureka marathon on the SciFi channel.

Good day :)

yesterday I flew a Big Daddy on D12-5, that was good for celebration! also flew a BT20 "x-wing" on B6-4 and LOC Cyclotron on G35-4. now I am happy.

(my nap really didn't count as a celebration).

At my house the nap definitely was cause for happiness. :) My husband is the manager of a large county fair and he'll be putting in mega-hours between now and the first week of August, so a nap was a real treat. I did have to chase a kid off the drum set once...:bangpan:

His best gift actually came from his parent who found an old light up Pepsi clock that used to hang in his room stored away in their attic. He was thrilled and it didn't cost a dime.

I scored some chocolate and a long nap. For church we had Robby and Tim Tebow talk about growing up with their dad, Bob Tebow. My son got me a card that had a 3D effect of a boy making a farting noise under his arm. Opening the card starts the music of "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow," accompanied by the aforementioned arm farting sounds. My daughter got me a silent card with some rocket money. As the saying goes in my family, "Green goes with everything."

Ah, for me it was rented movies nap time and a little time to work on rockets followed by a nice roast for dinner. Having the family all together and having fun was a great. I even had hot coffee delivered to me while getting in my rocket time :D

Back