Happy Easter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
to those of you who celebrate and Happy Spring to all!

The family gathering is at our house this year so I've been scrubbing and cooking like crazy this weekend. Everyone brings food so that helps.

Are you a family that has the same holiday menu every year or do you shake it up? For ours everyone signed up to bring what they usually bring, and I'm going to add in some new dishes along with my traditional rolls.

We had established the tradition of Easter dinner with my sister and her family for years, but over the past few years that has fallen by the wayside. Our schedule is busy as is theirs and they are often out of state this time of year visiting her aging inlaws.

This year I will be picking up my Daughter (from Boston) and we're going to a friends house for dinner. Will be a nice quite afternoon. The weather is even cooperating :)

Although we're running late, due to the session schedule, I hope to have pictures of our Ukrainian eggs (Boys & Girls Club class) in 2 weeks :)

jim

With my brother in LA and my sister in St. Louis and with a large family of in-laws, it's just my mom, stepdad, longtime girlfriend and me. This year, dad decided that he wanted to grill steaks rather than the traditional ham - so it'll be steaks and baked potatoes for Easter dinner! :)

Although we're running late, due to the session schedule, I hope to have pictures of our Ukrainian eggs (Boys & Girls Club class) in 2 weeks :)

jim

I've always loved Ukrainian eggs, and I've always wanted to learn how to do it - just never had the time with everything else! Hope the kids had fun making them!

Easter meal is nearly always a leg of Lamb with the trimmings, cold smoked trout to start and home made Profiteroles to finish.
spent the morning running around Grandma's garden on an easter egg hunt with the children.

Happy Easter to all. My family lives up north and my wife's family lives in Australia. So, it is just us. The kids are too big for the Easter Egg Hunt now . . . but the leg-o-lamb is about to go into the oven!

But . . . maybe I can sneak into the garage and put a coat of paint or two on my current build.

Cheers!

Whole crew is coming but, my son and his fiance r taking 2 cars. He has work tonight. (cop in Flemington, NJ).
Did manage to start a 2-stager. My first "kit" rocket. I actually built one for EMRR challenge and flew great! (D12-0 and a D12-3).
Have a great Day!;)

I had a great meal with my family and i've been working on my rockets and warhammer stuff.
God bless
Fred

Spent the day yesterday (after church, of course) winding down from one of my busiest weeks of the year. Dinner was turkey, cornbread stuffing, salad, and spaetzle (pronounced spets - lee, a German dumpling/noodle) with gravy. Its a favorite, but I'm sure I gained several pounds...

Then came a nap and the kids and I colored eggs in the evening. With three worship services in the morning, its just too much work to make the drive to be with our extended family for Easter so it was just the five of us.

I hope all of you were blessed.

Spent the day yesterday (after church, of course) winding down from one of my busiest weeks of the year. Dinner was turkey, cornbread stuffing, salad, and spaetzle (pronounced spets - lee, a German dumpling/noodle) with gravy. Its a favorite, but I'm sure I gained several pounds...

Well, another holiday come and gone. A good time was had by all (I think) at our house yesterday. We had a ton of food and I won't have to cook for a few days if I don't want to. :D

The cheesy potatoes were my demise...

John, my mom came to the states from Germany when she was 12 and we lived around her family from my preteen years on. I never picked up the language like my cousins who'd been around the family since birth but I'm quite fluent in spaetzle. :) I can reproduce my aunt's dampfnudle but I've never quite got the meat and gravy to pour over it right.

Back