Happy Christmas to All! What will you be doing?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
Wishing all of you here at TRF a Happy Holiday,:tree: and a very fine Thursday to those who don't celebrate. :snowman: My thoughts and prayers go out to our members who are struggling for various reasons, or who will be missing loved ones this year.

Tonight it will just be the five of us and we'll put together an appetizer spread and watch a holiday movie. I'm not up for a trip to the inlaws after major surgery last week, so my husband and kids will be heading over and my mom will come and hang out with me. They'll be doing the traditional ham dinner but I'm thinking of doing something that feels different and a little rebellious, like Mexican food. ;) Unfortunately the local restaurants are closed today and tomorrow so I can't carry out, but I think we can pull something off easily.

I always enjoy hearing about holiday plans--so much variety! What will you be doing?

Merry Christmas to everyone..

Unfortunately We will be driving.. Gotta let the kids go see their mom for a week. But hey we do christmas twice. once Christmas morning. and once the day after when my wife's kids show up!

Best wishes to everyone.. :tree:

Gonna be spending the day bouncing back and forth between the parent's house and the rehab center. We're making Christmas dinner for Mom tomorrow.

Good think my wife can cook.

mt day will go like this
4am - tell kids to get back to bed
5am - as 4am
6am - give in
610am - watch kids open presents
7am -start playing with a dolls house or pirate ship or Wii
730 -breakfast
8am -more playing
9am -mothor arrives
950 -mother departs
10am -church
1130 -make dinner
1300 -dinner
1430 -more playing with exited 2 and 5 years olds
1700 - tea
1800 - doctor who:) on TV
1900 -kids to bed
2000pm -time with wife and a 2000 bordeaux.

merry christmas to you all

Wishing all of you here at TRF a Happy Holiday,:tree: and a very fine Thursday to those who don't celebrate. :snowman: My thoughts and prayers go out to our members who are struggling for various reasons, or who will be missing loved ones this year.

Tonight it will just be the five of us and we'll put together an appetizer spread and watch a holiday movie. I'm not up for a trip to the inlaws after major surgery last week, so my husband and kids will be heading over and my mom will come and hang out with me. They'll be doing the traditional ham dinner but I'm thinking of doing something that feels different and a little rebellious, like Mexican food. ;) Unfortunately the local restaurants are closed today and tomorrow so I can't carry out, but I think we can pull something off easily.

I always enjoy hearing about holiday plans--so much variety! What will you be doing?

And A very Merry Christmas to you and your family Pippen!

the Better 2/3rds and I will be spending Christmas eve together watching Christmas videos..A Christmas Carol, Its a wonderful Life etc. We're done! all the christmas packsages are wrapped, house decorated, Cookies bakes, Coco made.. and about 12" of snow still on the ground LOL!!! We'll be going to grandma's house for Christmas dinner, then Saturday to my 1st born daughters new house in PA. Should be a bunch of fun As this will be the first time in more then a decade I've had ALL my children on the same continent let alone all on the east coast.....O'le dad and Granddad here is just beside himself with glee!

Today i've been working on a Tech-Tip Demonstration plan and props for the Mod-Roc club at our first meeting Jan. 2, 2010. Just recieved several new Micro kits from Jim Fliskits this morning also so i'm just a bit torn as which to work on first Ha Ha ha ... Oh No I mean HO HO HO!!!!

A Very Merry Christmas to all TRF member and families. May we all remember whos birthday we are celibrating and give thanks for the blessing we've been given.

Well, today (Christmas Eve) we will clean the house and then go see Avatar. Planning on making some Beef Stroganoff for dinner.

Tomorrow, we will get up and open presents for the kids, my wife and I. Then my whole family will be for breakfast and socks (we don't do presents for the adults anymore, just very elaborate socks for everyone) and presents for the kids. That should go until about noon.

At that time I start up the BBQ and get the 12 lbs of Prime Rib going for dinner. At some point we will transition from my family to my wife's family who will be showing up for dinner. Then another round of kids opening presents.

I love Christmas and am looking forward to the whole day of family, food and presents. :happydeer:

Merry Chrismas everyone.

:tree:

Merry christmas! :merry-christmas: :tree: :hohoho:

Today I'm going to spend christmas eve with my family, eat the bulgarian christmas bread etc.

Tomorrow we'll be opening presents in the morning and skiing.
Then at noon me and the guys from our now non-existant rocketry club will launch some rockets to amuse the small kids, two of the rockets are special: they contain tiny "letters to santa" in the form of notes, from the children of the primary school. I hope there aren't any CATOs like the one yesterday

And, last but not least, I will watch Doctor Who!!!

mt day will go like this
5am - as 4am
6am - give in

LOL, been there done that--once at 3:30AM!

An older mother told me her trick and it's worked great. Whenever the kids wake up they can quietly go get their stockings and take them back to their rooms. I'd wrap everything in there which slowed them down, plus put in some things like comic books or magazines or CD's to keep them occupied. It took the edge off the excitement and gave the rest a little more sleep.

Today I'll continue building my Estes Interceptor E and some last minute shopping. I'm reviving an old family tradition for Xmas eve, home-made deep dish pizza for my father, kids and I.Christmas morning will be with my kids at my place(a first) and Xmas dinner at their mothers' place. Saturday looks like good weather for rockets, 0c and sunny with low winds so maybe we'll do some launching!
I'd like to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!
Ted, Courtney and Curtis

Today, finish cleaning the house (get off the internet, Mark!) and tonight, same as you, Pippen: eat appetizer-type foods and watch TV. Tomorrow: open presents. Have a nice dinner with just the two of us. (No one else still among the living or within traveling distance.) Toast departed loved ones. Chat with family via Facebook and that quaint, antiquated device called the telephone. Offer up a prayer of thanks for the extension of the COBRA subsidy.

MarkII

Last edited:
Candlelight service at church tonight (and all my kids will play piano - not at the same time). Christmas with just the five of us at home tomorrow. Christmas at the in-laws the day after Christmas and Christmas on Monday at my parents' house.

mt day will go like this
5am - as 4am
6am - give in
7am -start playing with a dolls house or pirate ship or Wii
730 -breakfast
8am -more playing
9am -mothor arrives
950 -mother departs
10am -church
1130 -make dinner
1300 -dinner
1430 -more playing with exited 2 and 5 years olds
1700 - tea
1800 - doctor who:) on TV
1900 -kids to bed
2000pm -time with wife and a 2000 bordeaux.

merry christmas to you all

okay so i was wrong, two year old has just got up and ha been put back to bed, its 00:17 am, on the plus side its snowing:snowflake:

okay so i was wrong, two year old has just got up and ha been put back to bed, its 00:17 am, on the plus side its snowing:snowflake:

Read your post and went HU? 00:17 am ?am I in a time slip?
Ooohh your in the U.K. Good Morning And merry christmas.. LOL

I'm working right now, and I'll be working Christmas Day, 1400 to 2200 hours. Folks who work in the Emergency Services field know no holidays.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Attending Christmas Vigil tonight. Sleep in tomorrow. Go to relative's for Christmas Brunch and exchange gifts. Return home to unpack and work on a rocket--possibly. Contemplate phoning a domestic SW program to do a celebrity impersonation around midnight.
:happydeer:

Well it's still Christmas Eve in the States.

Let's see...

Tonight we:

Watched the Nativity Movie, to get in the Christmas mood.

My parents came over and we played games and ate food.

Now the kids are in bed (but not sleeping! :eek:) and it is 10:00 PM in Michigan.

We will (maybe?) get to bed by midnight after we put out the presents and get the stockings ready.

Tomorrow at 7:00 am (yeah right!) the kids will wake us up and we will open presents.

Then at 1:00 PM we will go back to my parents for the big Christmas family gathering!

Then come home and watch a movie with my wife at around 7:00 PM.

Awesome!

Merry Christ-mas to all! And a blessed New Year!:D

Well, for the second time this year, we got snow in North Texas, and it snowed enough (about 3.5 inches at our house) and the temps were low enough that we'll have a white Christmas! A first for me and mine!

We did the gift exchange with my son, daughter-in-law, and the grand daughter yesterday - they'll be doing Christmas with the in-laws this year, so it was a little melancholy around here, today. My wife had suggested we go out to eat and then catch a showing of Avatar that I've been itching to see, but alas.. .the weather nixed that idea for today and probably tomorrow, as well - there's enough snow and ice on the ground that it probably won't melt all away tomorrow.

So it's sitting in front of the fireplace, watching my new boxed set of Star Trek movies, including the one I haven't seen, munching on tamales and enchaladas left over from Wednesday night, with a little Kahlua and Irish Creme spreading the holiday cheer!

Stay safe, everyone!

I'm working right now, and I'll be working Christmas Day, 1400 to 2200 hours. Folks who work in the Emergency Services field know no holidays.

Tim,

After spending so many years in the back of an MICU, I'm with ya there, bud. Too often we forget that the police, fire, and EMS folks are there year round, whatever the weather, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, doing what they do best - keeping everyone else safe!

Thank you, sir, for being there to answer the alarm!

And, stay safe, ok?

Merry Christmas morning! Our morning round of stockings and gifts are done and I'm off to make waffles and bacon.

The trickiest part of the morning may be prying dad away from the kids' new electronic toy. :hohoho:

HEY!!! Somebody else is supposed to be making YOU a lovely Christmas breakfast!!! :santa-smile:

I know, and I'd even assigned a kid to it, but they're all having such a good time down there with their dad playing Beatles Rock Band that I didn't want to disrupt (they finally got him off their new keyboard). I can handle this one--I've already been back to bed for a nap this morning and this afternoon my mom and I will be eating a super easy dinner and watching Julie Julia.

Val and I launched our display Holiday Bell rocket:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?p=67206#post67206
and we're cooking croisant (sp) rolls, Cajun Green Beans, Au-Graten (sp) potatoes, and honey baked smoked ham. For desert, I baked a cheescake! Watching Bad Santa, and other Christlas show favorites, and of course corresponding on TRF! :D
AND!...as always, all of our, and the Freal cats who live on the property, will be sharing the Christmas feast!

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!!

Eric-and Val :)

For the last 9 years we've had this really interesting tradition that has stayed with us over the years. It started when my son was about 9 mths old. Every Christmas eve, we go to IHOP. Don't know why, :confused2:and there are certianly better resturants we could go to, but the kids love it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

On Christmas day we wake up at the crack of dawn and open presents. The wife (and now my daughter) cooks biscuts and bacon. Nothing else, just the two items and we eat that until our hearts are content (or clogged).

Then, it's moves until our brains fall out. Today we started with the new Star Trek, then Harry Potter 6 (I've actually been to platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross in London!.....sorry Gillard:eek:), Fast and Furious (guilty pleasure) and tonight it will be Night at the Museum II.

Guess what's for supper........left over bacon :y:

Back