Happy Canada Day!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys!!

A lot has happened over these past 150 years!

(And Montreal is celebrating its 375th this year!)

Happy Canada Day!

I spent the day with my son playing video games together(finally beat Final Fantasy VII) followed by lighting off our entire stash of fireworks, of course burning my finger a few times in the process. Once it was dark, we sat out on the 10th floor balcony, watching all the fireworks go off around the city.

EPIC.

I remember getting maple syrup sugar candies in the shape of maple leaves as a kid every spring when the school did a tour of local maple syrup makers in the area.
I'll have to look for a large cookie cutter so the next time I grill burgers it put's a twist on things...

Happy Canada day for all you Canadians,, lol...
Have a wonderful day...

Wow,, pretty funny the date is so close to our independence day's date...

Teddy

The local Canadian consulate sponsored a bunch of events out in Seattle, including a concert or two. The funny thing was listening to one of the local music nerd radio stations which was along for the ride on the concerts. There was a promo spot that aired a few times where Justin Trudeau came on and said "This is the Prime Minister of Canada, and you're listening to KEXP."

I'm just wondering how hard it was to get Trudeau into a recording studio for a few hours to do all of the spots that they were sponsoring, assuming ours wasn't the only one.

I'm just wondering how hard it was to get Trudeau into a recording studio for a few hours to do all of the spots that they were sponsoring, assuming ours wasn't the only one.

he's pretty popular, and it's fairly common for him to do things like that.. Some complain he does more "promotional stuff" like this than actually run the company.. He came on the local radio and hung out with the morning man for about an hour after he got elected.. (He's from Montreal, so we seem to have some special connection to him!)

Back